SGP Shield?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by GeneticFreak84, Sep 1, 2008.

1. GeneticFreak84 macrumors regular

I've read some good reviews about this protective film and I'm considering purchasing it. My two biggest concerns:

(1) Can anyone comment on the difficulty on installation?

(2) I think I saw someone post a picture of the backing, is it true there is a circle cut out on the back for where the Apple logo is located? If so, why? That leaves the Apple logo vulnerable to get scratched, in which case it easily does. :confused:

Thanks.

2. stoich macrumors member

SGP shield?? Sounds like an STD protector lol I use ghost armor its awesome!!! You also might wanna consider bodyguards they have good reviews stay away from invisibileshield people say its textured and not very clear. But yeah I like mine so ya good luck!

3. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I've been using the SGP shield for a few weeks now. I really love it. Corners are still down, collects minimal dust, and still looks great. I'd highly recommend it.

4. docprego macrumors 65816

I have some questions for you about this product:

1-How do you like the Steinheil LCD protector?

2-Is the Steinheil LCD protector very clear?

3-Does the Seinheil LCD protector get fingerprinted or smudged easily?

4-Why did you skip installing the bezel covers?

5-Do the bezel covers look like they will do a good job and cover the entire bezel?

6-Does it come with a piece to cover the home button?

7-They say it is thinner than competing products, how does the scratch resistance seem to be?

Thank you

5. dauerhippo macrumors regular

Sorry, I'm bad at this whole quoting thing - so my entire reply went into the quote below. If you scroll through, you'll see that i tried to answer each question individually.

Hope this helps!

6. docprego macrumors 65816

Thank you for that, the SGP seems to be the best of these skins. I am going to order one and also add the anti-fingerprint Steinheil to my order. That way I can try both of their LCD protectors. On another thread I was told the anti-fingerprint is a lot clearer than the PS anti-glare. I love the properties of the PS anti-glare except for the reduction in image quality. If the Steinheil is clearer but still relatively fingerprint resistant, that would be a greaet combo.

7. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I would say their anti-glare screens are pretty comparable to the PS. Maybe a teeny bit clearer, and a little nicer feel to them, but not significantly better.

8. GeneticFreak84 thread starter macrumors regular

Any updates on this shield? Contemplating order it along w/ their anti-fingerprint film.