SGP Shipping Policy Alert

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Apple Corps, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

I just received notice that my SGP order has shipped and they used the USPS. Of concern is a notice on the email that says if the shipment is lost it is not their responsibility - sort it out with the Post Office (right.....)

I emailed them and explained that FedEx and UPS shipments have a $100 coverage as part of the basic shipping cost. This was their reply to my email:

We use the USPS for our shipment and packages may get lost or stolen in the process. This is not our responsibility as we have the record that the package has left our office and thus, we are not held responsible for such matter. In this case, we advise our customers to contact the USPS to resolve the issue by filing a claim or contacting the police office

:eek:

2. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Proving once again that SGP has some of the worst customer service around. These guys are clowns.

3. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I have ordered 6 different times with SGP and never had a problem.

4. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Just order it from ebay or amazon, free shipping.

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

i have never had a package that I have shipped or received lost or stolen by using USPS.

When I ordered my films from SGP they arrived safely a few weeks ago.

6. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

But this is very poor policy.

7. Apple Corps thread starter macrumors 68030

The "poor policy" is the point I was trying to make. We order gobs of stuff from many different companies and none of them have such a "not our responsibility" attitude towards shipments and fulfillment.

8. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

It is messed up, but I've encountered this many a times when shipping, that the senders aren't responsible for shipping issues that arise when it's out of their hands, I thought this was the norm??? My wifes company, a really bi cosmetics company(she is in marketing), they have this shipping "policy" in effect

9. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

they can say all they want... but depending on the source of payment they use it IS their responsibility. paypal will side with the consumer and if you file a claim they will give you back your money unless SGP can prove (with a tracking number or delivery confirmation) that they sent it. i would assume most decent credit cards are that way too.

but yes... they pretty much suck as a company....

10. kjaxplicit24 macrumors regular

Funny you should say that. I recently ordered an item from Lucky Labs. The item was shipped but I never received it. I emailed the company and they quickly responded saying they would send me out another one no problem. If you want a quality product AND great customer service, try Lucky Labs.

11. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

12. GameraFan macrumors regular

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

There have been several post talking about SGP customer service most of it is SGP lack of response.

14. sportster macrumors 6502

I just ordered their Carbon Black Set for my iPhone 4. I noticed that about the shipping but didn't think anything of it... not sure why, oh well.

I did pay with the PayPal link, is it safe to assume that I would get the standard buyers protection through PayPal? If it doesn't show, don't they (SGP) have to prove to PayPal that it was delivered, like how it works on ebay?

15. str8spd2001 macrumors regular

str8spd2001

Yeah I'm going through this ordeal was we speak. They sent my skin which was supposed to have a tracking number but they never e-mailed it to me. After about a week of no shipment I knew it was lost somewhere. After many emails with no response someone mentioned to contact them through twitter which I finally did get someone. I was then told that the tracking info said it was already delivered. They gave me the tracking number and told me to contact the USPS cause it's out of their hand now. They really suck as far as customer service. If you really want something from SGP I recommend going through CRETOUCH.com , much better support and same product.

16. meagain macrumors 68030

Never had any issues with them. Fast shipping, etc.

17. bru410 macrumors newbie

SGP policy is legal nonsense

From a legal point of view, the standpoint of SGP is not right.

When you enter an agreement with SGP, you pay for the skin and the delivery. So your agreement consists of both products-services. It is the choice of SGP to use USPS. The custumor has no saying in this choice.

If the procduct is not delivered (properly), than that can be seen as breaching the agreement. The standpoimt that SGP has proof that they delivered the item to USPS is only relevant for their claim to USPS for breaching the agreement between USPS and SGP for the delivery.

18. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I don't see what the huge deal is guys.

1) I've ordered, along with many other people, without issue.
    2) Once they've proven they have dropped it off as USPS (with tracking number or whatnot), then it's true that it's legally not their responsibility. This is true for most companies.
    3) Any companies that provide service outside of this (i.e. offering a replacement at their expense even if it's USPS' fault) is simply outstanding service.

Just because a company doesn't go out of their way to send a replacement for something that isn't their responsibility (USPS' for losing it), doesn't mean they're a bad company. Most companies are this way. However, it doesn't mean they're a great company either.

It would be USPS' fault for losing the product.

In the end, if you didn't receive a tracking number or they didn't get one, then the responsibility is on SGP.

19. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I don't believe USPS is covered under F.O.B. like the common carriers are. Besides, a tracking number does not prove an item was dropped off. In the case of USPS you can easily generate a tracking number and never ship the item as was exemplified by the IvySCAM ordeal. Even if an item is shown as "delivered" it is meaningless unless a signature was obtained. Even if SGP's first class mail shows "delivered" it means nothing if you were to file a claim with PayPal or your CC company.