SGP Skins compatibility?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jbrady3324, Mar 14, 2012.

1. jbrady3324 macrumors regular

2. allapon macrumors regular

allapon

Bumper Style case should be O.k. Inspire that Bumper will not touch with the lip of iPhone.

Another style is Snap case since most of them protected back of phone and create extra lip for protection on front. However, I am not sure that Leather skin will effect thickness of Phone or not. If yes, It might not work.

3. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

Your replied has confused me. The bumpers at SGP do provide lip protection..

4. allapon macrumors regular

allapon

Sorry to confuse you, Let me say like this.

Case that attach with the front and back not working for sure. (Some of them even have problem with some Screen protector)

However, There are many cases in Bumper Style which not attach with front or back. It should be fine on that case.

I think about buy SGP Skin, but I think that it cost a little too much for sticker which as like leather. BTW, I use Vapor pro which not have any part of case on front and back.

5. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

They do have coupon to bring the price down a bit. Who offers better texture/material skins?

6. Boston Rhett macrumors regular

I've gotten all my skins and wraps from The Lucky Labs. Really great quality and excellent customer service, and their prices are very reasonable. They have a discount code -- newipad35 -- good for 35% off your purchase, expires on March 24th.

As for cases that will work, most if not all bumpers should be fine since they don't affect the back of the phone. But since the skin will make the phone thicker, most full-body cases will probably be too tight. Some snap-on cases will fit, some won't; for instance, the Agent18 SlimShield works fine for me with a skin on, but the Incase Snap doesn't.

7. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

Do you know how icarbon and luckyskins compare? I am looking for a skin with a little thickness to provide some back drop protection. I don't want the skin to be paper thin.

8. Boston Rhett macrumors regular

I can't speak for iCarbons, as I've never used them, but I highly, highly recommend Lucky Labs. They're made from 3M material and feel sturdy (about the thickness of 2 or 3 pieces of paper put together), plus they are nicely textured for grip. But while they're certainly not thin, like any skin they aren't going to offer much in terms of drop protection. Scratch protection, yes. But if you drop your phone, the skin isn't going to absorb the impact.

If you want a skin that's more padded, take a look at DomeSkin.