SGP Steinheil defective horrible customer service

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by faith4more, Mar 15, 2011.

1. faith4more macrumors regular

SGP defective horrible customer service

I got mine and it is defective. Essentially has a scratch on the inside

I emailed SGP and get this. They say I have to send it back then in 4 - 6 weeks they will send a replacement.

4 to 6 weeks are you kidding me. When questioned it they told me they have to get it return it to the manufacturer let them look at it and then send another one.

I will never buy from this company again.

2. robby818 macrumors 6502a

Request to send a picture of the defect. That should be acceptable. You shouldn't even have to mail in the defective one. If it is not, then tell them you want a refund and order a case from someone else. I would not wait 4-6 weeks for an exchange. Do they even understand how stupid that sounds?

3. faith4more thread starter macrumors regular

What is crazy is at there request of SGP I sent them pictures. They agreed there was a problem then told me to send back and would get replacement in 4-6 weeks. They also said I need to pay for shipping of the defective one back to them and they would reimburse me later for shipping (I bet they won't reimburse).

I told them that was ridiculous that I bought this to protect screen and would have no protection for 4-6 weeks and should not have to pay a dime more or even go to the trouble of shipping it back. Even though they have stock on the item ready to ship they refuse to to take care of customers.

I like the feel of the protector. Quite honestly wrapsol which I bought for my iphone 4 when iphone 4 was released has the same feel or eve better. Wrapsol had a problem with iphone 4 protectors and they fedxed a replacement overnight at no cost. So I should have stayed with them instead of going to SGP.

I am not going to wait I will request a refund. If they refuse I am glad I put it on a cc card.

4. snow blind macrumors regular

That's honestly the first negative story i've heard about SGP! They've been great to me for years and eveyone that I know who has delt with them. I went through an exchange with them when the iPhone 4 first came out and wasn't asked to pay shipping and they shipped a replacement crystal protector as soon as I showed them the photos... no questions asked.

5. glen e macrumors 68030

Sgp/steinheil customer for 5 apple devices now....never a problem but all have worked perfectly.....the best film ive used, powersupport a close 2nd. Films you apply wet are rediculous......

6. faith4more thread starter macrumors regular

I did not realize it when I ordered but there is a lot of negative feedback on the net regarding SGP regarding their customer service. If you get a non defective protector they are nice although some say they scratch easy. But if you get a defective one they will not take care of you and go out of their way to make it difficult.

7. dread macrumors 6502a

Sgp sucks and there protectors do scratch easily. Theybdo have a better fit than any manufacturer but who cares if they get all scratched up within a week of instalation. Their customer support is the worst. I spent 6 weeks trying to get them to replace a defective product. I finally just filed a complaint with amazon and got my money back.

8. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

I agree completely, they are totally screwed up, I wrestled with them forever to get a replacement for a defective screen, would never do business with them again!

Power support much easier.

9. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

I spend almost 30. on one for iphone4 shipped to Canada and had a problem with them. Cust. service is horrible, been told that it was possibly part my fault and wouldn't do anything about it.
    I will never by from them again and only shop at BestSkinEver, amazing service, reasonable price and good products :D

10. gettys macrumors newbie

SGP Customer Service stinks

SGP/Spigen's customer service is the absolute worst. I will never buy from them again. I was treated like I was a liar. They actually wanted me to take a picture of an item that was MISSING from my package....how is that possible. Then i was treated with such a condescending attitude. Never again!