SGP STEINHEIL ULTRA OLEOPHOBIC scratches very easily....

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Juicy D. Links, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

Jun 24, 2010
    I have had it on for a week or two now and it is crystal clear... but I was away at a wedding this weekend and this thing took a few scratches on the film (front) had the phone in my pocket and i have like 3 or so scratches...

Seems they look crystal clear but protection wise not so much?

Anybody else have this issue?

Are the PowerSupports more "scratch resistant" ???

2. edtorious macrumors 65816

Aug 14, 2007
    San Diego, California
    don't you get warranty for that and get replacement?:confused:
  3. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Jul 13, 2010
    I've had the Oleophobics for two or three weeks now and I haven't had that problem. The phone's been face down on tables and in my pocket with a couple other things and no issues yet.
  4. Juicy D. Links thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 24, 2010
    hmmmm might be just me then...

At least whatever caused the scratch better on the film than the phone I guess :confused:
  5. Juicy D. Links thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 24, 2010
    I do not believe the warranty covers scratches caused by user ....i might be wrong I have to double check.

I do have the second film though that came with it so at least there is a backup
  6. SaiZn macrumors newbie

Jun 29, 2010
    It's not just you. Mine had a scratch about an inch long after I was finished installing it. It also developed a few smaller scratches since then.
  7. Juicy D. Links thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 24, 2010
    we covered under warranty ya think?
  8. manishd3 macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2010
    I've had mine on for a week and there's no visible scratches that I can see. But I've also heard that the oleophobic coating makes the screen protector surface a lot softer and more susceptible for scratching. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Good thing they gave us two eh
  9. SaiZn macrumors newbie

Jun 29, 2010
    Not sure. Warranty just works on defects and I don't think it getting scratched is a defect.
  10. troop231 macrumors 603

Jan 20, 2010
  11. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Jun 21, 2006
    It's not just you. Like with the iPhone, the oleophobic coating is probably very soft and scratch-prone.
  12. frikfrak macrumors regular

Sep 17, 2007
    Mine scratched already too. Oh well, at least it's not the glass
  13. cdrwinston macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2010
    Mine is scratched already too. I've had it on for about 2 weeks, been in a leather pouch mostly, but sometimes floating around in my purse.
  14. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Dec 8, 2009
    Got mine today, and have no scratches, lol. One of the screen protectors was kind of messed up, and then I kinda screwed up the install on the second one (took it on and off a couple of times), but overall it's not bad. It's a little grippy at first but then gets smooth. I was surprised to see a cutout for both the camera and ear piece. Looks like they updated it.
  15. troop231 macrumors 603

Jan 20, 2010
    Great to know they gave me old stock :mad: And yet my order is very recent like you guys with the updated ones. I don't think not having a cut out even affects the front camera quality anyways..
  16. Daremo macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2007
    I've had mine on for weeks, with everyday normal use, and there's not a mark on it. It's as perfect as the day I put it on. I'm more than pleased with this shield.