SGP Ultra Crystal clear skin: front facing camera exposed, iPhone4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by FieldingMellish, Aug 24, 2010.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

Does yours have the extended speaker hole that exposes the front-facing camera?

Amazon sub-vendor shipped me SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal that has a speaker cut out, but it is not extended to include the front facing camera. I complained and SGP, via Amazon's vendor, responded that the skin covering the camera does not affect quality.

I feel SGP's response is disingenuous. Because the Leather Deep Black Set comes with a crystal top skin that has an extended hole that exposes the front facing camera.

2. perplex macrumors regular

3. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I don't have the Crystal but I do have one of the original Oleophobics that doesn't have the extended cutout and it hasn't hurt photo/video quality. I even prefer the non-extended cutout because it prevents the glass on/around the camera from getting scratched

4. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Do you know whether the later Oleophobics includes the cutout?

5. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Yes they do have the extended cutout

6. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Their response is accurate. At first the SGP clear and oleo screen protectors had no cutout for the camera. Then they did. People complained both ways. Now SGP is working on offering both ones with an ones without a cutout.

7. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

I don't think they offer both as options. SGP's site has only an Order button for the skin. It does not have an option to choose from two options, camera covered or not.

Do you mean to say that they first offered without the camera cut-out, and then changed the design after people complained?

8. whofeelsitknows macrumors newbie

Yes, that is what happened.

9. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Cool. Thanks. I complained about mine to the Amazon store, who then discussed it with SGP. SPG told them that mine was how they were made and that the covered camera is unaffected.

I really don't care about a camera affected or not; that is a separate thread discussion. I just want the one with the wider slot which represents the way they should have been made in the first place.

The Amazon sub-vendor demurred about my opinion of SGP's BS practice. Nevertheless, they say that they are coming through with a fresh SGP shipment with a call tag to send back the ones I have. That is a great response. I will report when this is straightened out so that I can plug them for doing good.

10. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

My situation was fixed by the Amazon vendor, 24hourDispatch-Global. These are good people. If you see something you want to get on Amazon and it is being sold by 24hourDispatch-Global, you can buy with confidence. :)