SGP: Ultra Crystal vs. Ultra Oleopobic

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gamecube117, Sep 22, 2012.

1. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

I heard these were the best iPhone screen protectors.

This is my first iPhone and want to know which one to get... Can someone tell me the difference between the two?

----------

Also I noticed on the site it doesn't mention if it comes with the back sticker (the 4S did)?

2. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

Ultapedic is supposed to help with fingeprints. The Crystal is CLEAR. You cant even tell its on the phone.

3. GeeSixx macrumors regular

GeeSixx

The best screen protectors are definitely Power Support screen protectors, but those are not available yet.

I haven't had the best experience with SGP protectors but many members here love them.

4. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

Ive never used a screen protector but the Ultra Oleopobic seems like it would work for me since i wear makeup.

If you scroll down, it would explain the features...

5. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Looking at the chart for the product under pictures, I see that the anti-glare rating is the same for both. I'm guessing the Oleophobic one has achieved resisting fingerprints without ruining the integrity of the screen clarity?

6. Baumer582 macrumors member

I'm using the Ultra Oleophobic and I love it. Can't even tell its there. Fingerprints can be wiped away and it leaves no bubbles when you install it. I highly recommend it.

7. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

Did it come with a back sticker??

8. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Can't wait for mine to come in!

9. nin7474 macrumors 6502

They do not. Only 2 Front.

10. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

I'm getting the GLAS.t. It's twice as much but is made of actual glass so it doesn't feel like a screen protector.

11. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

12. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just realized I have a Power Support "HD anti-glare film set" for my iPod Touch.

I really like it, it has a matte finish. I never had anything touch screen except for iPod Touch with an applied screen protector (PS). Generally, do iPhones easily have finger prints? I've been using the anti-glare PS since I had it and never had to wipe it once.

The only problem is that I will be taking tons of pictures with my new iPhone 5. I never take photos with my iPod Touch because, well, the 4G has a terrible camera. With the iPhone 5, I know I'll be taking tons of pics... but I'm afraid it will ruin my experience.

13. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

SGP is very good

I have the Ultra Oleophobic. From what I can tell the coating only lasts for 1 week. Then it essentially just becomes an Ultra clear. The feel of it is like glass not like the feel of some tacky screen protector.

You could try the Glas.t but if you don't get it right the first time, you just blew your money.

14. fdsadfsadd3 macrumors newbie

Wait whats wrong with the Glas.T?
    I ordered one on amazon T_T
    what if i screw up?

15. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

It's a one shot installation

If you don't get it aligned the first time you cannot lift it up and readjust it. (well you can but it wouldn't stick anymore)