SGP Ultra Fine Anti-Finger print

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Loves2spoon, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Thought I would take some pics after I installed today. If you need any other shots let me know.

I do miss the clarity from the oleophobic screen but I don't miss the finger prints! There is no drag at all and is very smooth to the touch.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Steveo47 macrumors regular

cool thanks for the picture. If its not too much trouble take a few ore from different angles! also if youve tried the PS anti glare HD how does it compare?

3. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

This screen is giving me a headache! When you look at the screen it's like you can see every single pixel on the iPhone. I'm seeing red, blue and green dots with a hint of rainbow effect...

4. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

it's called eating mushrooms :p

5. menehune macrumors newbie

Yeah, I don't like looking at website with it on and have you noticed that it seems especially grainy over the bright green app icons like phone and messages? I think I'm going back to Oleophobic. This also gave me a headache the first day I used it.

6. stogie53 macrumors regular

stogie53

7. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Install is very easy, I always install screen protectors in my bathroom with the shower on for some steam. Helps keep the dust and hair away.

There were 2 or 3 small bubbles that I pushed away in seconds, probably the easiest install I've ever done.

8. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Check your pm box

9. waltercln macrumors regular

can you take more pics up close more on the screen, i was one of the winners for the 3rd contest and im hoping this is good enough to use. Does it effect retina display in anyway? would hate to ruin the best part of the phone. it it just takes away from it by a little i guess i can live with it.

more up close shots of websites would be nice and your home screen to see if it takes away from it. any orange peel type? doesn't look like it.

10. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

I got mine today too, is it okay if I post some pictures in this thread so I don't create a new one and clutter up the forums? (I don't want to like jack your thread either though lol so that's why I'm asking permission) XD

11. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I'll take some more pics after my cameras done charging! It does ruin the retina display... Playing games that have dark backgrounds like archetype or fruit ninja isn't bad but surfing safari or checking email it looks pretty bad.

If you have a screen protector on right now I would advise you not to take it off, give the ultra fine to a friend you don't like or put it on eBay... lol

12. maniacphoner macrumors regular

I believe it's due to the lighting where the pictures were taken...

The Ultra Fine Anti-Finger and the Ultra Oleophobic - don't both have the same screen clarity? The only difference between those two is resistance in fingerprint and oil..?

13. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Not at all!

The Ultra Oleophobic is a super clear protector with an oleophobic coating which just makes it easier to clean off fingerprints. It still gets fingerprints like crazy. I have one of these on now and love it.

The Ultra Fine is an anti-fingerprint protector, so it will certainly have some clarity loss. I should get an Ultra Fine from SGP soon (won in on the beta test). I can't wait to see how it compares to the PowerSupport anti-glare (which my husband has on his).

14. waltercln macrumors regular

that sucks major, i don't have any SP on, was hoping this would be the one i use. so is oleo really much better, while also not effecting retina in anyway?

15. bleighv macrumors regular

bleighv

IMO, the Ultra Fine is a bit clearer than SGP's original Anti-Fingerprint. It's the better of the two when it comes to the display but it's not going to be ask crisp as the Retina Display of course (since it's an "anti-glare"). If you're a stickler for fingerprints and you love the anti-glare feel and look, then the Ultra Thin is better than the Original Anti-Fingerprint.

If you want the best for display from SGP get the Oleo.

16. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

You can see every single pixel on the display with the anti finger print, the oleopjobic is so clear you can't even tell its there.

This is obviously why ultra fine isn't in production for the masses. It needs better clarity! Seeing all those pixels is very distracting!

17. waltercln macrumors regular

not looking forward to my package now :( guess you can't have the best of both worlds i can't stand finger prints but doing something about it i have to give something up, might try oleo but i hate that you will still need to wipe it down.

18. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

My reaction to the screen protector might not be the same one you have. Everybodies eyes are different. Try it out, you could have the opposite reaction.

19. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

This anti finger print would be perfect on the back of the iPhone. Too bad they don't make one... :(

20. halisray macrumors regular

21. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

22. S.Kay macrumors member

S.Kay

Nice review, I settled for the Ultra-Fine Crystal. Would have gone for the Oleo but it had no back/side protector..

Out of curiosity what case is your i4 rocking? Looks nice :)

23. halisray macrumors regular

24. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

It's the free bumper that TipB was giving away. I found a seller on eBay that sells the same product for $0.99 with free shipping! Ordered a whole bunch of colors!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TPU-Bumper-Case...70621101375?pt=PDA_Accessories#ht_2045wt_1139

I don't know why but I love this cheap piece of plastic more than the speck pixelskin hd, incipio NGP and the bumper combined! It add's 0 bulk and it's clear so you can still see the beautiful iphone antenna... lol

The one in the picture is white but reports from other people is that they send you a clear one. Don't try emailing them on eBay - every time I do I get a generic message.

25. OC513 macrumors 6502