SGP Ultra Oleo w/ InCase Snap

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Maverickster, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Maverickster macrumors regular

Just bought my wife an iPhone 4 and trying to figure out the best combination of screen protector and case out there. There are a dizzying array of options.

So far, I'm inclined to go with the SGP Ultra Oloeophobic screen protector with the InCase Snap case. It appears that Troop231 has this exact setup, so I've PM'd him for his thoughts.

But, I was curious if the rest of you have any other suggestions/improvements over this combination of the available options that provide full coverage and a fair amount of protection.

I also looked at the SGP Ultra Thin or Neo Hybrid and the Incipio NGP, but I keep coming back to the InCase Snap.

Thanks in advance!

--Mav

2. drkash macrumors regular

I have that combo and its fine. As the incase snap doesnt touch the screen any front protector will work fine

3. calvy macrumors 65816

I have both the Incase Snap smoke and the Incipio NGP smoke from Walmart. I like them both, and both work fine with screen protectors. The NGP doesn't grab it hard enough to mess with the protector, and the Snap doesn't touch the face at all.

However, I think the rear protector on my iPhone is causing the snap case to not fit right. But I'm not really willing to take it off to test that theory.

4. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Screen Protector Advice: I find that I prefer the SGP Ultra Crystal screen protector over the Oleophobic. The oleophobic gets really oily really fast and, in my experience, isn't any easier to clean off than the crystal protectors.

Case Advise: The Incase Snap (smoke) and the Incipio NGP Matte (from Walmart) give the phone a similar look. I have both cases. The Incase Snap is really sleek and looks great, but I find that I prefer the NGP because it offers more in the way of drop protection. The NGP is really great; my husband bought one for himself after trying out mine.

5. applekiwipeach macrumors member

i have the same setup. It works fine. Loving it.

However, if you're also to put on a back protector, the Incase Snap will not fit.

6. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

For me, the Incase Snap fit fine with the PS back protector.

7. treeoflife macrumors member

I have the Ultra Oleo with a black leather skin guard to start off my first set of iphone accessories. How is the Incase Snap?

8. esskay macrumors 6502

I have both the Incipio NGP and just received the Incase Snap Smoke.

The Snap, as others have mentioned, does not clip around the bezel, it grabs on to the metal frame. So any front screen protector will work just fine. My snap was a bit of a tight fit on the naked iPhone 4, so I'm not sure how well it would have fit if it had side or back protection.

The NGP bubbled my PhantomSkinz front protection at two corners and on the side in two spots.

I like both cases, the NGP offers more comprehensive protection that makes me feel more secure carrying it around all the time. The Snap feels much sleeker with a lower profile and might be a nice choice for "evening wear" so to speak, but makes me feel a little more paranoid about dropping the phone, or dumping it in the cup holder in the car, or even putting it on its face (even though it does have a slight lip).

Haven't decided which to run on a daily basis, I'm trialing the Snap right now.