SGP Ultra Thin Case - Carbon

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by enter, Jun 30, 2009.

1. enter macrumors member

Picked up my Iphone 3gs and SGP ultra thin carbon case + anti fingerprint screen protector arrived in the mail. Here are some pics, Ive had tons of positive comments about this case. enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Very nice looking case, I just don't like how the Apple logo is vulnerable and how the chrome is quite unprotected. But for a minimal bulk/protection case, it looks good.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

This was my concern as well

1st I have the Anti Fingerprint screen protector fro, SGP and WOW I like it better the the 3GS screen O thought about this case as will but the Chrome is left open the apple logo not really a big deal I think I am going to email them see if they can at least protect the chrome I like the company and the cases allot..

4. threezero macrumors 6502

i might order this next. I have a shiny and matte black ultra thin case. how does this feel in the hand? i know its not real cf but does it emulate that feel? does it come in plus version with screen protectors?

5. daonesteven macrumors 6502

i think SGP provides a clear circle film protector for the apple logo that you can apply so you can protect that.

but yea, the chrome is basically completely exposed. Good quality case though.

6. enter thread starter macrumors member

Yes quality of SGP cases is really good! I actually ordered two cases (the carbon one seen in the pics and a black plus (non gloss black, comes with 2 screen protectors).

The normal black case has a matte type finish and seems VERY slippery in the hands, Carbon case provides some grip as the surface is not smooth but textured from the carbon fibre style weave

In terms of protection, no impact protection at all, I doubt the case will soften the blow if I dropped it but then again not sure if any other cases would still protect an iphone from a fall unless its 2 inch thick of padding. SGP provides the logo protector for the back.

This is a awesome case for people who want to prevent scratches to their iphone while maintaining a sleek good look

7. iCAR macrumors member

I've gone through three of these SGP cases (plain black) and they have cracked towards the top left every single time. I contacted SGP and they said they could only replace one. My phone was never dropped or handled rough. I love theses slim cases but switched back to the incase slider.

8. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

I was just about to order this, but its out of stock on the site and won't let me just order it and wait till it comes in. When did you order this?

9. enter thread starter macrumors member

ordered mine about a week before June 19th when the 3gs was set to be released so that I would have a case in time for when i picked up the phone..

10. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Oh ok thanks, case looks great!

11. psywzrd macrumors 68030

You're referring to the Steinheil Anti Fingerprint right? Does that have adhesive on it or is it just static cling?

12. kicko macrumors 65816

Same here that was the 1st case i bought. The 1st one has a "peeling" issue and they replaced it free. The replacement however had that same crack. You can find other people with the same complaint. Both mine did and 2 that ha friend had also. So i have seen 4 cases in the flesh have the crack. Its a molding issue, the top corner must have been like one micron(SP?) off and causes that spot to "stress" in order to compensate for the slight undersize

13. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

14. SuperKat macrumors regular

Looks Like CF

It replicates the look of CF but it's plastic. Just to let people know...