SGP Ultra Thin iPhone 5 case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wiestlingjr, Sep 26, 2012.

1. wiestlingjr macrumors member

I just bit the bullet and order the SGP Ultra Thin Smooth Black case for my iPhone 5. Got it on Amazon, where they had 3 left. I'm hoping I really enjoy this case when it comes. Haven't been able to read much on it, but at least I get a good screen protector out of it.

2. bwsteg macrumors 6502

I also placed an order for the smooth black 2 days ago. Should be arriving tomorrow...

3. ematsui macrumors member

Ordered today as well

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

No protection place face down was the deal breaker for me...

5. leoneedees macrumors member

Just received my smooth white today (still waiting for the clear to come out) but overall it's a great case. Yes there is no protection if you are setting it face down but I don't do that so it doesn't bother me at all. Also won't provide much protection if dropped from a decent height but it fits my form factor. Now I can place/slide my phone on the counter without scratching the beautiful backside.

6. J.C, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

J.C macrumors 6502

I've got one of these and really like it. There is an issue however. The camera cutout has a black ring around it to stop flash reflection. But it isn't moulded or glued to the case and falls out while fitting the case to the iPhone. It can't fall out once the phone is in but it's still a bad design in my opinion.

7. Mrrikki macrumors regular

Not the case on my white one that arrived today...weird.

8. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Maybe you should let SGP know about this.

9. Kelly682 macrumors regular

I have this case, although I'm not using it. I did for about a week. Its just not for me. The case itself fits perfectly. I had no issues of the black rim from the camera cut out falling off. I found it slippery and for me the phone plus the case was too thin. I'm just not used to having a phone this thin. I'm going to use it as a back up case if ever I need one.

I can say though that the screen protector that came with the case, absolutely fantastic! I love it. Can't even tell that its there. LOVE!