SGP Ultra Thin iPhone 5 case

wiestlingjr

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
I just bit the bullet and order the SGP Ultra Thin Smooth Black case for my iPhone 5. Got it on Amazon, where they had 3 left. I'm hoping I really enjoy this case when it comes. Haven't been able to read much on it, but at least I get a good screen protector out of it.

leoneedees

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2012
Just received my smooth white today (still waiting for the clear to come out) but overall it's a great case. Yes there is no protection if you are setting it face down but I don't do that so it doesn't bother me at all. Also won't provide much protection if dropped from a decent height but it fits my form factor. Now I can place/slide my phone on the counter without scratching the beautiful backside.

J.C

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2008
I've got one of these and really like it. There is an issue however. The camera cutout has a black ring around it to stop flash reflection. But it isn't moulded or glued to the case and falls out while fitting the case to the iPhone. It can't fall out once the phone is in but it's still a bad design in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mrrikki

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010
I've got one of these and really like it. There is an issue however. The camera cutout has a black ring around it to stop flash reflection. But it isn't moulded or glued to the case and falls out while fitting the case to the iPhone. It can't fall out once the phone is in but it's still a bad design in my opinion.
Not the case on my white one that arrived today...weird.

Grayburn

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2010
London, England
Maybe you should let SGP know about this.

Kelly682

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
East Coast
I have this case, although I'm not using it. I did for about a week. Its just not for me. The case itself fits perfectly. I had no issues of the black rim from the camera cut out falling off. I found it slippery and for me the phone plus the case was too thin. I'm just not used to having a phone this thin. I'm going to use it as a back up case if ever I need one.

I can say though that the screen protector that came with the case, absolutely fantastic! I love it. Can't even tell that its there. LOVE!