sgp ultra thin or incipio feather?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lakaiordie, Oct 27, 2008.

1. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

which is thinner?

sgp says 1/29th of an inch which is .8758mm

and incipio says less than 1mm

but which really is thinner?

2. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

The feather looks like it protects more of the chrome bezel while still leaving a little bit. Thanks for the post, I didn't even know this case existed!

3. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I agree. It looks to protect most of the chrome. However the bottome is really exposed.

4. Al2009 macrumors member

I was looking at both of those today. They both look nice, can't decide though.:confused: I kind of like the fact that the feather covers the chrome( Most of it). Anyone have a Feather, some pics maybe? Thanks in advance.

5. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

youtube has a nice review of the feather. I was convinced. I like the fact that 2 screen protectors come with this case. I have no idea about the quality of these screen protectors.

I just went ahead and purchased it. At mygearstore.com it is being sold 20% off, and you can add coupon code "moneyoff" for an additional 12% off the case. I got it shipped for $19.99.

So now I have ordered 2 cases coming to me: This one and the Seidio Innocase II. Only problem is, I don't even have an iphone 3G yet!!! I am waiting to receive these cases before I walk into the apple store. That way I can open up my new iphone and slap a case on it ASAP!

6. Al2009 macrumors member

I think I'm gonna get the feather in black, I have the Power Support Jacket now and don't like the fact that a lot of the chrome is exposed. Thanks for the code BTW. If you get your phone before you get the cases just buy a cheap silicone case at any att or apple store and return it when you get the ones you ordered.

7. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I tried both and they are nice, but now I am sold on and using Seidio's Innocase II. A little thicker than these, but very nice and it covers all of the sides and almost all of the bezel.

You can also get Seidio's holster to go with the case.

8. lakaiordie thread starter macrumors 65816

im trying to see which one will fit easier in my sena elega holster.

if anyone has both can you tell me which one you think is thinner?

thanks.

9. lasteve macrumors member

They both look hott to me but the feather comes in some weird colors

10. Al2009 macrumors member

I ordered the feather directly from Incipio today, that mygearstore.com place doesn't have too many colors. Came out to 19.99 with shipping from Incipio. This is my last try at a case. I've tried everything from Switch Easy to In Case. Just can't find one that I like. If this doesn't work, I guess I'm going naked.

11. lakaiordie thread starter macrumors 65816

what color did you get?
    if you can measure the thickness that would be great. if not could you take a few pics and post them?

thanks.

12. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

Can you put up a picture comparing the innocase II to the feather? I am curious as to just how thick the innocase is, it looks super thin to me...

Also is the material on these similar? Is the black similar color?

13. Al2009 macrumors member

I got the black, I'll post some pics when I get it. I watched the video review on you tube from itsmemorpheus and he gives it a pretty good review. Judging from the review it's really thin(definitely not drop proof.) For now I'm gonna take back the Power Support Jacket and trade it in for a Gun Metal InCase Slider. I'll just keep the slider for those nights at the clubs when things get a little crazy.:D

Just a quick update, I just got an email saying the case was shipped from Incipio. Damn! I only ordered it 2 hours ago. That's what I call fast. They're in Cali and I'm in Miami so i imagine I'll probably get it by Friday.

14. Fo$hizzle macrumors newbie

15. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Ive had my black feather for a few months, it replaced my white feather that got dirty, which replaced my air jacket.

cant say enough good about the (not white) feather. fantastic case.

if your concerned about bottom bezel like me; i have a few invisible shields floating around, you can take part of a IS, cut out a tiny strip, and apply it to just cover the bottom exposed bezel. it keeps it good and protected, i only have to change it every month and a half or so.

16. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I have gone through 3 incipio feathers, all through mygearstore.com. bad idea. The first was fine, it was the matte white, but after a week or so it started getting dirty. Nothing would clean it either :-(
    Next, I went with the black matte case and it came cracked from the company. They sent me a new one, and it cracked again the first time I tried to take the case off my phone. I then changed my mind, since I've had two broken feathers, and I went with the power support air jacket. I will never go back, it's awesome! :D

17. *Harlow* macrumors member

I ordered a feather in seafoam green yesterday. Glad it's getting mostly good reviews.

18. lpnjake macrumors member

i have it in neon green, the feather that is.. i put it in my sock drawer because i wasnt using it.. somehow it got stained black.. funny i only have white socks. im doing an exchange today for a midnight blue one

19. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

I just ordered the midnight blue feather on ebay for $20, shipped to Greece. I ordered it because of what people were saying about it here.

20. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

I'm using the SGP ultra-thin high gloss black and I love it. It doesnt protect the chrome part but it doesnt bother me. Overall it complements the black iPhone very well and I just love the glossy back.

21. javanutsy macrumors newbie

Here's a few pics of my black Feather on a black phone. I have a generic crystal screen protector on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very thin. My only complaints are that it has some sharp edges to the touch at the cutouts (I guess expected for a case this thin), the bottom is a bit too open, and you have to be extra careful removing the case.

Otherwise, I think the case looks great on the phone. Nice soft matte finish. And it is super thin! Great customer support from Incipio as well.

22. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

I loved my feather. I always deep down knew that it was only good for protecting the back of the iphone from scratches but always hoped that if I ever dropped it that it would protect it and sure enough this is what happened. It is a case purely for minimal protection.

Attached Files:

23. mantic macrumors 6502a

Man that makes me cringe..

24. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

I've never used the ultra thin, but i like the feather. although i'm not really crazy about the 'soft touch' texture as it can make it harder to get into/out of your pocket. i do, however, really like how much it covers.

pics i just happen to have taken tonight w/ my new sound ID300 BT headset
    [​IMG]

buttons easily accessible
    [​IMG]

not quite thin enough to fit in the OEM dock
    [​IMG]

you can see it covers almost the entire sides of the chrome
    [​IMG]

doesn't add much bulkiness to the phone, but even then it's noticeable vs a bare phone
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I like the Marware MicroShell better then the Feather. Reviewed both of them.
    But if you tend to drop things get a better case that will protect your iPhone fully.