SGP Ultra Thin vs. Switcheasy Nude

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by treeoflife, Jun 11, 2012.

1. treeoflife macrumors member

Attached Files:

2. treeoflife thread starter macrumors member

here's a picture of the switcheasy nude as well :)

Attached Files:

3. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

I haven't used the case, but based on the description from both product pages, SGP Ultra Thin has a magnetic to hold the smart cover, and Switcheasy Nude is cheaper. So if you have a smart cover, sgp ultra thin might have a good choice, but if you look for a cheaper one, switcheasy nude might be better.

4. -TYLER macrumors regular

I say get the ultra thin, also you can't use the nude with a smart cover.

5. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

This thread compares the wrong products. The Switcheasy Coverbuddy is the case that goes with the smartsover.

Basically the Coverbuddy is the Nude with smartcover capability.

If you like to take your case on and off frequently I can't recommend the Coverbuddy. Mine broke in 20 days.

6. maniacphoner macrumors regular

How often did you take on &off the case? Your case broke in 20 days? Did the case crack??

7. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I took it off frequently. A bout 3 times a week. I also left it off for the whole weekend.

It didn't just crack first, it broke. The coloured nudes and coverbuddy options are better and don't snap. They do show fingerprints though. I had a black Coverbuddy for my ipad 2. The coverbuddy only cracked after a drop. IT protected my ipad 2 though. I decided to get clear after that. I didn't take the clear off the ipad 2 that offten. It scratched but never cracked.

The ipad 3, the new one cracked right away.

8. -TYLER macrumors regular

They probably never changed the design for the case from iPad 2 to 3, so the iPad 3 being a little bigger caused it to crack.

9. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

Nope the design changed a little because the ipad2 coverbuddy doesn't fit the ipad3. I think the ipad 2 case is less brittle because I still have it and it hasn't cracked. The iPad 2 case also scratches more than the ipad 3 version of the coverbuddy.

10. maniacphoner macrumors regular

Thank you for your input and sharing your experience. I will do a little more search on Amazon for reviews and decide on a case. Thanks again. :)

11. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

I posted my response above, but I'm curious what makes you hard to decide. Is it between colors? or price? Do you specifically want the clear case? If it's between colors, why don't you go get the white one with the magnet? I don't see it the link you posted, but it's sold online sgp website. http://www.spigen.com/tablets/apple...-ipad-4g-lte-wifi-case-ultra-thin-series.html

For me, I would get the case with magnet on because I never know if I want the Apple Smart Cover later on. :)