Shadow/gradient along display edges

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lowercasej, Oct 25, 2011.

1. lowercasej macrumors newbie

I bought an iPad 2 about a month ago, and it had a dead pixel, so Apple happily replaced it via mail. The replacement iPad has no dead pixels, and no backlight bleed, however when viewing anything with a white background (like most web pages), the left and right edges (when viewed in portrait) are slightly darker, whereas the brightness of the top and bottom edges are uniform. It's subtle yet distracting, and I've noticed that an iPad 1 at my workplace doesn't have this problem. Is this "normal" for the iPad 2? Has anyone else experienced this? Should I just shut up and be happy? Apple may be willing to replace it, but then I'm back to playing the iPad 2 panel lottery, which may not be wise.
    On a positive note, other than this issue, it's fantastic, especially with iOS 5 :D

I'd really appreciate some advice from fellow iPad 2 owners!

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Probably not the same, but my iPad 2 has a yellowish gradient all around the border of about 2mm. It's a tiny bit distracting...

3. lowercasej thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. No yellowish gradient for me...just grey. I'm hoping to compare with other iPad 2 units for comparison.

Anyone else?