shaggymac screen protector ruined my brand new macbook pro screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macman2790, Apr 18, 2011.

1. macman2790 macrumors 6502a

macman2790

Hi, I bought a brand new macbook pro a few weeks ago and bought a screen protector. Before using the screen protector I made sure everything was clean including my keyboard. Now there are grid marks that wont come out with screen cleaner (which works on my other macbook pro, monster screen cleaner sold at best buy) and now shaggy mac is telling me that it was my fault, that i must have had oil all over my brand new mac, or that my screen cleaner caused smudges(these are not smudges, they are grid marks about half a centimeter all over my screen and very noticeable on the black portion around my screen). there wasn't any oil present on my keyboard. This was just from one use. Any suggestions? what should i do? Also this is on an upgraded high res glossy screen.

2. Russell L macrumors regular

:eek: I ordered one of these last week for my new 17" MBP and it was put in the mail today. :mad: I ordered this one over the Radtech because it was just slightly larger. Now I'm wondering whether I should have ordered the Radtech instead....

3. macman2790 thread starter macrumors 6502a

macman2790

just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on cleaners or what i should do. shaggymac said they would send me their cleaner but I dont know how much better it is than the one i'm using (monster). Also they have not replied since I replied to their message. They told me that it must have been that there was oil on the keyboard. I don't think that oil went through the screen protector on a barely used macbook pro. The keys dont even leave marks on the screen on their own, should have never bought the protector...

4. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

5. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

Adding the screen protector ruins the color and blurs the screen a bit. I recommend to just take it out

6. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Maybe you should set up a page on Facebook about this subject and seek a class action lawsuit.

Threaten these bums with this and they will fix your MacBook Pro.

:cool:

7. scottgroovez macrumors regular

Why would you want to fit a screen protector anyway?

8. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Relax, buy some iclear. Mnster cleaner is garbage, iklear is a very very mild polish. It's not a use every week item IMO, but it should get the oil prints or whatever out.

Clearly, take the screen protector off if you haven't.

9. mrwonkers macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

What Shaggy bastards - I was gonna order one of their thingos but now they can just PO - Bet some guy was JO at the Shaggy factory and got some um "moisturiser" on ur shagadelic screen protector.... How ick!