Shake and Phenomenon

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jackjason, Feb 21, 2009.

1. jackjason macrumors regular

Anyone knows if apple is still making Phenomenon?

maybe after 10.6?
    or never?

thanks.

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

Nobody outside of Apple knows...

Phenomenon was a rumor that went around like 2-3 years ago and nothing has come of it. I've given up hope. They've been integrating Shake's features into FCP & Motion so it seems unlikely that they'll introduce an actual replacement.

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I agree w/bigbossbmb. If Apple *did* release a true Shake replacement written from the ground up it would be unprecedented because that's not Apples typical MO. Apple buys other peoples' apps and builds off them (or in the case of Shake, Color, LiveType, and apparently DVD SP they buy other peoples' apps and don't build off them ;)).

Lethal

4. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

This is basically the reality of Apple's pro video app solutions.

Beyond that, they just code it to integrate somewhat flawlessly but very seamlessly after a few updates.

Me, I am just waiting for Color to be a little friendlier when it comes to it's UI. Having a Shake+Motion app together as one would be AMAZING as was said, but I have a feeling Apple will just discontinue Shake and point it's web link to an Apple/Final Cut certified 3rd party replacement, like they've done with the Xserve RAID.

5. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Meh just read a bit on the net about this. Seems I am mistaken.

6. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

Shake is discontinued... and like I said, they are moving it's capabilities into Motion. So you are getting the Motion/Shake combo that you hope for. It'll just take time to add all of the features.