Shake to Shuffle?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by TonyBaloney, Sep 13, 2008.

1. TonyBaloney macrumors regular

Did anyone ever figure out if running with the new nano will keep the music shuffling?

2. Aranince macrumors 65816

According a panelist on Macbreak Weekly who attended the event, he asked an Apple rep about it and they said they designed it not to switch while running or jogging. This said, when I went to check out the iPods in person, it took a violent shake to get it to switch.

3. TonyBaloney thread starter macrumors regular

4. Stuipdboy1000 macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

Also I think, as long as the hold switch is on, it shouldn't shuffle.

5. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

It'll be interesting to see how many people drop their iPod's while trying to shuffle them..

6. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I did the same went to the Apple store to try them out, and found it to be harder than you would think to activate it. Also you can turn it off in the settings which has been mentioned around here in other threads.

7. sam3020 macrumors 6502

sam3020

Hey,

I have the new nano and it takes quite a hard shake for it to shuffle. It is a nice feature. You should get one. great for watching movies on.

8. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

how often do you guys think you'll use this feature? or does it seem kinda gimicky?

9. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I doubt I'll have much use for it. I use my Nano mainly for working out, so I see this feature being disabled if/when I upgrade.

I'm currently using the 3rd Generation Nano and I love it, but the new one's are tempting imo.

10. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Can you imagine people getting out their ipods on a crowded train and SHAKING them. Oh god!

How ever it is a lot better then back, back, back, shuffle songs I suppose (except for when you are on trains)

11. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Somebody asked me how the shake to shuffle worked :rolleyes: Clues kinda in the name isn't it?