Shall I get the iPhone and iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eazkk123, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Eazkk123 macrumors member

Shall I get the iPhone and iPod touch? The iPhone will come out in the UK on November 9th, so I can easily wait.

The problem is that are there any differences between the iPhone and iPod touch mp3 player? e.g. sound quality, and interface.

Thanks

2. RossoA, Oct 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011

RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Sound Quality: No.
    Interface: Only the fact that the phone features are there, that is it.
    Differences: One is a phone, the other is not.

IMO: I don't like the idea of having my iPod look just like my iPhone, I bought the two to use one as a primary music player and the other a primary phone. I think it looks silly having the same device twice, basically.

3. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

If you can think of getting both I am sure you can
    Go ahead I second you

4. Eazkk123 thread starter macrumors member

Sound quality is the most important thing, I assumed because the iPod-Touch is mainly a music player and the iPhone is mainly a phone that the iPod-Touch would be better sound quality.

So is that definate that they have the same sound quality?! As I am going to buy $500 earphones from Shure.

Thanks

5. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

Why don't you check the online reviews? I have read in some that iPhone is the "best" iPod since the screen and the sound quality is definitely better than the iPod Touch. You may want to check into that, there are a load of reviews comparing the two in the sound department.

6. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

I see no reason to get both. The iphone does everything the touch does but has added features like a phone and edge/data. The 16gb on the touch is nice but I have yet to fill my iPhone completely.

BUT I can see the benefit of having a touch to keep up with the latest software updates. That way I could keep my iPhone in 1.0.2 state for apps (I am an att customer.)

This only works for US people though. The UK iphone will come with 1.1.1 or higher.

7. dangleheart, Oct 7, 2007

dangleheart macrumors 6502

Why assume that? :confused:

8. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

Just like I assume I get better quality from my iPod than my friends Walkman phone, and it's true.

P.S. Apologies to the mod who edited the previous post, that's just how I talk. :rolleyes:

9. Avatar74, Oct 7, 2007

The iPhone doesn't have Burr-Brown DAC's, nor does the iPod Touch, so all I can say to you planning to spend $500 on headphones... especially ones manufactured by Shure... is I'm reminded of two sayings:

A fool and his money are soon parted.

There's a sucker born every minute.

Short of buying $900 musicians' custom earphones, there's no such thing as earbuds that sound great... not when compared to a circumaural design like the Sennheiser HD280 Pro which costs a mere $90 for sound so good they won the CES innovation award. I use them for professional studio engineering and they work great. Only thing is that they're big and will require an adapter but if you profess to be that big a sound snob that you'd be dumb enough to part with $500 for a pair of Shure earbuds, then you should consider these.