Shall I move iMac components to new casing?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by fandangoxx, Apr 8, 2016.

1. fandangoxx macrumors member

I've had my iMac 2010 27" machine repaired at an Apple Store, the first repair was a simple logic board repair, the following 3 repairs were repairs relating to damaged caused by the Apple Store during repair.

On the final repair they damaged the LCD screen, glass and a scratch to the casing.

They will perform all repairs for free and the machine is booked to go in soon.

I was told that moving the entire machine to a new casing would be a big job, but as they caused the damage they would do it.

My question is, as the store seems extremely incompetent, is it worth letting them move all my components to a new casing at the risk of them damaging it even further? Is it as big of a job as they say it is? Or shall I just live with the scratched case? Is there any benefit moving to a new casing, e.g. all the dust in my machine will be cleared out during the transfer.

2. Dopeyman macrumors 6502a

How big is the scratch to the casing? Is it really that bad?

3. fandangoxx thread starter macrumors member

It's on the back, maybe a centermeter long.

I just don't like how they continue to damage my property, and they also try and blame me for it and say it was there when I bought the machine in - which they got away with before, as I didn't check the machine when I picked it up.

This time they tried the same trick again but I was ready as I had photographed the machine before it went in for repair.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As to have them send it into Apple instead of doing it themselves.

5. fandangoxx thread starter macrumors member

Have asked, they have refused.