Shall I upgrade from rMBP 15 now or wait?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by peterpan123, Oct 5, 2015.

  1. peterpan123 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2014
    #1
    Hello, I am using 10.10.5. I heard that there are some problems with Office. Is it a good idea to upgrade to EI Captan now or wait for few months later? Thanks.
     
  2. sibcc macrumors member

    sibcc

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2015
    Location:
    La Jolla CA
    #2
    Unless you have a compelling need to change, I'd wait. Despite Apple's marketing claims, EC really doesn't offer that much more then Yosemite. I noticed a slight speed increase, but not the 30-40% that some claim. If I had installed EC on a machine I actually use to get work done, I'd be rather upset right now.
     
  3. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

    MacGizmo

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2003
    Location:
    Arizona
    #3
    There aren't "some problems with Office." It flat-out is broken. If you require MS Office for daily work, do NOT upgrade to El Capitan yet. Otherwise, it's a great upgrade, and definitely worth upgrading from Yosemite—but it's not an Earth-shattering upgrade. Wait if you wish.

    It runs superbly on my 15" rMBP (except for Adobe InDesign, which pretty much runs like **** on any machine, under any OS version).
     
  4. RobFog macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2012
    #4
    How many more of these threads? This same question has been asked in 5-10 threads existing threads already…

    Look around.
     
  5. 2128506 macrumors regular

    2128506

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2013
    Location:
    Heart of Mordor
    #5
    No it is not. At least wait for a couple of OS updates.

    There're all sorts of issues people are having (me being one of those unlucky).

    And it's not really a proper release of OS X anyway from user's point of view – only cosmetic changes and broken compatibility.
     

Share This Page