Shall I upgrade from rMBP 15 now or wait?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by peterpan123, Oct 5, 2015.

1. peterpan123 macrumors 6502

Hello, I am using 10.10.5. I heard that there are some problems with Office. Is it a good idea to upgrade to EI Captan now or wait for few months later? Thanks.

2. sibcc macrumors member

sibcc

Unless you have a compelling need to change, I'd wait. Despite Apple's marketing claims, EC really doesn't offer that much more then Yosemite. I noticed a slight speed increase, but not the 30-40% that some claim. If I had installed EC on a machine I actually use to get work done, I'd be rather upset right now.

3. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

There aren't "some problems with Office." It flat-out is broken. If you require MS Office for daily work, do NOT upgrade to El Capitan yet. Otherwise, it's a great upgrade, and definitely worth upgrading from Yosemite—but it's not an Earth-shattering upgrade. Wait if you wish.

It runs superbly on my 15" rMBP (except for Adobe InDesign, which pretty much runs like **** on any machine, under any OS version).

4. RobFog macrumors regular

How many more of these threads? This same question has been asked in 5-10 threads existing threads already…

Look around.

5. 2128506 macrumors regular

No it is not. At least wait for a couple of OS updates.

There're all sorts of issues people are having (me being one of those unlucky).

And it's not really a proper release of OS X anyway from user's point of view – only cosmetic changes and broken compatibility.