Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rMBP2013

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Sydney
Greetings all,

I'm in a dilemma here: I currently have a 13" Macbook Pro late 2013 model which is now over 3 years old. It works fine but I'm noticing that my SSD (512 GB) is full and it sometimes freezes over.

I'm thinking of upgrading to 15" Mackbook Pro 2015 model. Cost is ~$3K for the way I'm speccing it. I'll keep the 13" model for travel purposes.

Convince me if I should keep my 13" or give me the pros/cons on upgrading to 15".

Much appreciated!

deliriumxy

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2016
Have you tried removing some files on your SSD? It's recommended to leave 20% to 25% empty, so about 400 gb full is optimal.

As for your question, upgrade if you can afford it and want a new toy. 15" will be quad core, so it has more computing power. If you're using applications that take advantage of those extra cores you'll see a performance difference. Otherwise for browsing, and other normal tasks there'll be little difference.

Are you getting a dGPU with the 15"? That could make a difference when gaming or video editing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.