Shall i wait for new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by danderton, Nov 23, 2010.

1. danderton macrumors member

Hi guys,

well for christmas i'm looking to getting an iPad, the question is do i get the current one or take the money and wait? Rumours look like spring- is it going to be worth the wait?

Cheers for the ideas,

ps do we all like the current one? :)

2. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

If you don't want to wait... or, if you do want to wait is up to you. I wouldn't expect a major overhaul in iPad 2 - maybe a FaceTime (and possible back) camera, improved battery life/ processor, gyroscope, more RAM, same storage capacities, size and display, and not much else. We can't make these decisions for you...

Yes. ;)

3. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

Comments in bold. But, if you are unsure, buy it then sell it when rumours of a new iPad start to appear (February/March, speculative that the release is in end of March). Or, do what I do: wait for iPad 2, then sell it when iPad 4 is about to be released and buy iPad 4.

4. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

We'll see who's right... ;)

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

There is always new hardware on horizon. If you waited this long, then it doesn't hurt to wait for iPad 2. Best thing to do is buy the product right away as soon as it comes and sell it right before new one comes out. This way you will always have the latest tech with minimum costs.

However, iPad is not something I will replace it every year. If next iPad doesn't get retina Display, I am not updating. It looks like it won't have retina Display, anyway on iPad 2. Maybe for iPad 3 or even 4.

6. Syk macrumors 6502a

That's kind of how I see it. If you waited till Dec, I'd just wait 3 months and get the latest instead of getting the Gen1 and then taking about $150 hit if you sell it to fund the new one.

If it's a need and something you got to have then ok buy, if it's a want then wait at a min. you'll probably here more about the specs early next year and then decide if you want to buy now or wait.

For me at the price of the ipad it would be something I'd upgrade every other release. I don't think you'll see a retina display, more ram, faster CPU, maybe 32GB base model, a camera for facetime is almost a given.

7. Cosmo M3 macrumors regular

Cosmo M3

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

if you really need it now, buy now. Or if you don't mind losing out some dough, buy one now and sell when they update it.

9. danderton thread starter macrumors member

thanks for your help, i think i may go for it- if i find in a few month the new one is far greater theres always eBay... Cheers guys!

10. opera57 macrumors 6502

Personally I would just go for one now.. a new one is gonna be at least 5 months away and I can't think of any feature that would make me want to change my current gen for a new one.. even the ram isn't that much of a problem, it feels like a brand new device after the 4.2.1 update! I would say go for it, and its always gonna keep a high resale value if you decide you want to get the next gen when it comes out! [​IMG]

11. gh0001 macrumors member

agreed. you won't regret it if you buy now

12. pizz macrumors regular

I plan to stick to my current ipad till 3rd gen comes around. The next iPad won't be that big of a change so I would by it now and enjoy all it has to offer!