Shall I wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dgriffiths3, Feb 16, 2010.

  1. dgriffiths3 macrumors newbie

    Feb 11, 2010
    I have cracked the top of my iPhone 3G screen recently unfortunately, but it still works perfectly fine. I am now in a position where i am eligible for an upgrade to the 3GS but don't know whether I should wait till July and hope that apple bring out a new iPhone and get that as soon as it comes out, or should I just get the upgrade to the 3GS which is on a 2 year contract?

    What would you do?

  2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere


    Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    We still have about 5+ months left till a new iphone might be released.
    If you can hold off go for it.
  3. kyzen macrumors regular

    Feb 8, 2010
    If you *can* wait, you might as well.

    If it's a pressing need though, then it's not like any new phone is going to make your existing phone any slower.
  4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030


    Jul 7, 2009
    I'd throw a screen protector on it, and then wait it out.
  5. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

    Jan 14, 2008
    I always say if you can wait then you should. I'm using a some really old flip phone until it comes out.

    Will make it all the more sweet :p
  6. dgriffiths3 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Feb 11, 2010
    thanks for the replies, yehh i think i will stick a screen protector on it and just wait it out, i'm 90% sure its got 5 months left in it.
  7. SongtotheKing macrumors member


    Feb 16, 2010
    i have a Treo which just makes me mad and has a VERY small crac on the bottom right and now things get screwed up when i press there.....

    I dont think im gonna wait for the new one unless i hear that it will be A LOT better than the 3G......
  8. ARF900 macrumors 65816


    Oct 30, 2009
    I cracked my 3g screen a week or two ago, ive had it since launch day. I love how durable the iPhone is, it has a habit of slipping out of my hands. Not that bad though and since it otherwise works fine (other than 3.0 sucking on the 3g) ive decided it can last until the new iphone is released.
  9. ineedamac macrumors 6502

    Jul 10, 2008
    I would see if I can find someone to repair the phone while I wait for the new release this summer.

Share This Page