Shall we upgrade to Winclone 6?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hajime, Mar 21, 2017.

  1. hajime macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2007
    #1
    Just got an offer of 50% off until tomorrow. It is worth to upgrade? I am using version 4.4. On my Bootcamp partition, I have Windows 7 Professional. If I upgrade my Mac later, I may not be able to install Win 7 and stuck with Win 10.
     
  2. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #2
    Look at the new features, if you need or want the those features, then upgrade. If not, then don't.
     
  3. SpinalTap macrumors regular

    SpinalTap

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2003
    Location:
    Bournville, UK
    #3
  4. hajime thread starter macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2007
    #4
    My version failed when I backup up the drive on my work computer and tried to recover it on my on personal MBP before I left my job. I lost everything.
     
  5. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #5
    Then decide if its worth the upgrade. I believe their site has sufficient information for you to decide if its worth the upgrade.
     
  6. EnderBeta macrumors 6502

    EnderBeta

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2016
    #6
    I believe what marilynn is saying is we can't tell you if it is worth it to you to purchase it. Value is a subjective thing.

    What I can say is if the tool you are using is not working for it's purpose then you either need to upgrade or replace it. I'd suggest looking at the program Spinal Tap suggested and comparing the new version of the program you have to it and then making your decision.

    Do let us know what you end up deciding to do and how it worked out for you. :D
     

Share This Page