Shanghai MUHE Network?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by joec1101, Feb 19, 2012.

1. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Anyone know who/what this is?

Three apps with Chinese language showed up on my iPhone and I was charged $35.00 to my iTunes account :eek:

WTF? I never downloaded anything by this developer. I've never even heard of them or seen anything by them in AppStore.

Apple already refunded my money, no questions asked, but I'm just curious if anyone has heard of this happening.

2. zukernik macrumors regular

You should change your password; this might be a hacker who got access to your account and used it to purchase his own apps.

3. joec1101 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, that was the first thing I did. I'm just baffled as to how someone did this :confused:

4. Dreamre macrumors newbie

I'm just curious, but is your iPhone jailbroken?

5. Sn00zy, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

Sn00zy macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I was charged $21.19 and was refunded just like you. I actually used your post in my email to apple support to show them it has happened to other people. You said they charged you for three apps. They charged me for a FREE app, and $19.99 in in-app purchases. It's interesting how our unauthorized purchases were made so close to each other.

Another case:
    [http://www.reddit.com/r/applehelp/comments/pwv6c/has_anyone_else_had_their_itunes_account_hacked/]

6. joec1101 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, mine is not jailbroken. The Apple rep I spoke with that day said he had another caller earlier in the day with the same unauthorized purchase. There must be some hacker doing this. :eek:

7. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

8. Homerpalooza macrumors member

Homerpalooza

So this happened to me. $50 taken out.

What is the phone number that you called for Apple iTunes support? I can't figure it out online.

9. Homerpalooza macrumors member

Homerpalooza

I guess you can only access iTunes through the internet about your account, not by talking to someone. I deleted the app off of my iTunes applications on my two macs, and deleted the app off my phone and changed my password to my apple ID

----------

I had to use Express Lane for anyone else having this issue.

10. Homerpalooza macrumors member

Homerpalooza

Great, I got a contact from the iTunes "internet" division (=India) and they offered to provide me a $44.97 credit, not the $50 that was removed.

Then they disabled my account.

Apple sucks. And they haven't pulled down the offending app, or company that is doing this.

11. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

well I am supposedly getting all of my 24.98 back, but my account is disabled as well.

They really make it difficult though to get in contact with anyone, especially if you're trying to sort all of this out on your iPhone. Just give me a single number to call and an F'n human to talk to. It really was incredibly frustrating.

12. Homerpalooza macrumors member

Homerpalooza

My person came up with an imaginary amount. After logging into my account, I can't figure out how he came up with the number to return to me.

Instead of having 'human' support on this, they save a few bucks and add another $5 million to their $100 billion.

13. whichmbp macrumors newbie

This just happened to me today too. I never downloaded any app from these people. I sent an email through expresslane but I don't even know if I clicked the right options to describe the situation. Why don't they have telephone support for this?!

----------

Also, does anyone know how these people are hacking our Apple IDs? Would it be spyware or something? I have a Mac but my cousin has a PC and I authorized her computer for my account...

14. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

Well I got my money back already, so I'm happy with that.

Thanks Apple, but your customer support system still sucks :rolleyes:

15. kexu macrumors newbie

Oh no

Time to start a rumor, as suggested by the site name:

There are three possibilities why Apple is not removing the app/company in question...
    (1) They have not been informed about it - UNLIKELY!
    (2) They do not have the power to remove it - UNLIKELY!
    (3) They do not want to remove it

Perhaps it was created by Apple as a way of squeezing more money out of consumers. They have access to all accounts. The people who cannot contact Apple customer support are the best prey. Apparently, those who are refunded also might lose some money to apple.

It may not be the entire Apple company, or really Apple at all, but what other explanation do we have? Have they not commented on this issue to at least try and reassure customers? Conspiracy!

[Disclaimer: nothing in this post is guaranteed to be factual]

16. Fairywings55 macrumors newbie

Happened to me today

The same thing happened to me twice, I was charged £34.99 one day and the next day I was charged for another two items which were £6.99 each!! WTF is going on? I have changed my email address and my password now. I have not been refunded by Apple yet but am hoping that I will be because I have lost money out of my account and what for? who is doing this? my iPhone as far as I am aware is not jail broken as it is locked to my network. How is this being done and who is doing it? I want to stop it because I am worried what will happen next. I am in the UK by the way.:mad:

17. Yateland macrumors member

Yateland

18. Fairywings55 macrumors newbie

Changed Password

I have changed my password and changed my email address too. I have informed Apple that I have noticed another transaction too for the amount of £2.99 but my account has no money now in it to pay for this transaction and I for one am not paying for it but I want my money back. Will I get it back I wonder as I am in the UK and not the US. I have no money left to buy anything but luckily I have no credit card registered to the account so no one will be taking any money off that will they at least! this really sucks.:mad:

19. seriously? macrumors newbie

I also had a purchase on my account from this developer. I had the free app in my purchase history plus a $19.99 in app purchase on March 5. Just sent Apple an e-mail hoping to get a refund...