Shanghai to Kansas?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NikolasMason, Oct 16, 2008.

1. NikolasMason macrumors member

I ordered my MacBook Pro from Apple last night and it's shipping from Shanghai. I heard this is quite common for Apple laptops, but I'm just really curious of how long it usually takes for it to arrive. I'm hoping not too long. Any ideas?

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

I got mine in 3 days. No *****. Three days. I was flabbergasted. I followed it from Shanghi to Anchorage to Memphis to my home city. Amazing.

3. NikolasMason thread starter macrumors member

Really? Wow. It's been almost 24 hours since mine 'shipped', but the site hasn't updated yet.

4. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

My iPod Touch took a week; a HP laptop took the same.

It's gotta clear customs, you know. Box from China to someone in the US? :eek: Who knows what's inside. :eek:

5. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

Haha! It would take months to go by horse across the midwest, to the Pacific coast, and take a boat across the ocean to reach Shanghai's major port.

6. LinMac macrumors 65816

Mine has gone from Shanghai, CN -> Alaska and is on its way to wherever it is going.

I am finally glad it left the third world though. It is finally where Russia can't see it! :D

7. NikolasMason thread starter macrumors member

So if I ordered it Wednesday night, it should be here...earliest on Saturday, but most likely Monday?

There is no estimated arrival date, that's why I'm asking