Shannon Matthews found alive

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Hello.there, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Fantastic news!

Missing schoolgirl 'found alive'

Missing West Yorkshire schoolgirl Shannon Matthews has been found alive, it has been reported.

West Yorkshire Police are yet to confirm that she has been found but said they were looking reports the nine-year-old had been found.

She was last seen leaving Westmoor Junior School in Dewsbury on 19 February.

Unconfirmed reports say she has been found in nearby Lidgate Gardens in Batley Carr.

Shannon's aunt Amanda Hyett said the schoolgirl's mother Karen Matthews had been driven away by police from the family home shortly before 1400 GMT.

Earlier this week mother-of-seven Mrs Matthews, 32, said she believed someone she knows had snatched her daughter to hurt her.

Mrs Matthews said: "She got abducted. That's all I can say."

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

From BBC…

3. mrfrosty macrumors 6502

While i am very glad she's ok I think there is more to this than there seems..........

4. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

Sadly that seems to be the case. The man arrested is reported to be related to her father and Shannon has now been taken into police custody for her protection.

I hope she can look forward to a happier future somehow.

5. Queso macrumors G4

Anyone else a little perturbed by images of the relatives spewing Champagne everywhere? This little girl is likely to be deeply traumatised. Relief is one thing, but it's hardly something to celebrate.

6. Hello.there thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

I agree, but I'm getting the feeling that little girl's welfare was never much of a concern for them.

7. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

Careful, I think she's got a biological father and A.N. Other. One was quoted by the BBC

but the fact she's been taken into emergency care rather than released to her family speaks volumes to me.

8. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

yeah you're right, I just read on the BBC that the man arrested is believed to be the uncle of her step-father.
    Agreed. In almost every case I could possibly imagine, the best place for a little girl who had gone through something like this would be back in her family home with her mum.