Shape Services IM+ on the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Final Word, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Final Word macrumors newbie

Shape Services has ported their IM+ app for the iPad. The app allows you to be connected to multiple IM services simultaneously through 1 user interface.
    I am wondering if they tested this on real hardware or just the simulator. In either case it will be very interesting to see what happens with all of the apps on 4/3

[​IMG]

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Good good im+ is my favorite messenger program.

3. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

This highlights once again a glaring deficiency in the current iPad OS, one which will hopefully be resolved in the next release.

The problem with apps like IM aren't that they require multitasking, switching from one full screen to another while both tasks remain fully active, but rather that the interface is excessive in full screen mode.

What is needed, as has been commented on previously, is a multitasking widget interface that pops in for IM and other widget like apps. Like Dashboard in OS X, the interface should preload and access the internet in the background to remain updated.

Until such an interface is available, apps like these will have a reduced utility on the iPad.

4. Seo macrumors regular

Lol, that screenshot is fugly. It's like a trip back to System 5. You'll probably be able to change the theme like on the iPhone app though.

I'm hoping for a Meebo version as well. It's currently my fav IM system right up there with BeeJive.

5. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

I'm sure pr0switcher will be adapted to iPad interface accordingly. If you haven't used it on your iPhone yet, you should try it. I've been using my phone a lot more with multitasking. A LOT more :p

I don't wanna hear about how you won't/can't jailbreak. :)