Shapes for Kids - Discover and learn various shapes

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jasonleung8866, Oct 31, 2011.

1. jasonleung8866 macrumors newbie

"Shapes for Kids" is an education application designed just for toddlers and pre-schoolers that is designed to help them explore basic shapes.

- Lovely story, children can discover and learn various shapes.
    - Matching game, children can try to match the corresponding shape of different objects.
    - Brick game, increase childen's interest for shapes and train up their creativity.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

I don't see it in the Canadian iTunes Store yet. It looks great in the video, so I'm looking forward to trying it out. I especially like the variety of related activities.

3. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

nothing yet.
    not finding it and the QR code isn't working either

4. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

It's out now... and it is a wonderful app for toddlers and children who need to work on their shapes. I'm pleased that there are NO advertisments. The shape matching records a match if the shape is in proximity to the outline - well within the motor skills of a small child.

The "game" portion looks interesting and could entertain a toddler. Some add-ons I would suggest: outlines into which the given shapes could be fitted
    Different sets of shapes (e.g. the heart and star from the shape matching are not in the "game").

The art is beautiful, the music is refreshingly nice and I think Shapes for Kids is a worth-while app for parents, grandparents, teachers - anyone who works with young kids..