shapeshifter a bad idea?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marvin*1*2, Aug 4, 2007.

1. marvin*1*2 macrumors member

marvin*1*2

I do like the idea of being able to personlize the gui and change the stripey stuff, so I had tried shapeshifter for a couple of days... no problems except with one theme, can't remember its name but it made the windowframes transparent....that messed up some applications quite a bit but as soon as I got rid of that theme all was back to normal again.

anyway, been too busy to play around with it some more and now the trial preriod's over and I am wondering whether I should dish out those 20 bucks or not. there's quite a few people bitching about it in this any other fora but many threads are old and I wonder if problems have been solved with newer versions...

so I'd appreciate feedback from people using / having used it! thank yall!

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

I've used it ever since I got my Macbook. I just put UNO on yesterday to see how it compares but I never came across a problem with Shapeshifter. But also, it's not really Shapeshifter that'll make problems, it's the themes if they're not made properly.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

personally, I wouldn't buy a software that Im not absolutely love after trial period. But again, paying for these type of app is already kinda against my thinking.

4. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

i've never had a single issue with it. if you like it, go for it.

remember, themes aren't made by unsanity, but individuals. you're entirely at their whim, so be careful.

most themes are ok, but stay wary. to be honest, i use it and love it, and don't have any issues with it.