Share a folder between Mac and iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Liquinn, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Liquinn Suspended

I want to be able to share a folder via my Mac to my iPad. Can this be done?

So when I use Photoshop I'll be able to display my photo editing stuff from my Mac to my iPad?

Thanks

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Look at the Air Sharing App, this allows you to access Mac folders from the iPad. Alternatively, use Dropbox.

3. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

There's an App called Air Display, is that the one? It only says it's for Macs or PCs, and doesn't mention iPads. Thanks

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

5. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

6. SuperRob macrumors regular

Box.net, Dropbox, SugarSync, SkyDrive ... there are TONS of options. Personally, I find Dropbox to be easiest. But there's ups and downs to all of them. Most have some arbitrary file size limitation.

7. RichardParkerMD macrumors newbie

8. laokai macrumors member

+1 on Dropbox---there is a really nice iPad app that will easily allow you to share files from your Mac to your iPad.

9. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Seriously, absolutely the best solution out there right now for doing what you are asking and its free. One folder that can be shared across Macs, Windows, Android, iPad/iPhone, etc. Can't be beat and I've tried them all.

10. seeharrison macrumors regular

seeharrison

+1 for Dropbox. You can also invite other users to share folders. Great for sharing files with colleagues or friends.

11. Joe23 macrumors 6502

Another vote for Dropbox from me. Automatic file versioning, reliable, secure, cross device and it's free for 2GB of space (more through referrals).

12. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Dropbox rocks it. You can even store iWork stuff in there and have automatic sync to your Mac by using WebDAV to Dropbox.

13. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Definitely the Dropbox as well. It's the easiest way to keep your files in sync, and then access them as needed on the iPad. I have 4gb from Dropbox and 50gb from Box.net, but the Dropbox is 10x more valuable to me because it's supported by so many apps.

14. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

One more little hidden feature of Dropbox you may enjoy, particularly when editing pictures on-the-fly.

Dropbox supports a "time machine" sort of file backup. If you store an original file in your Dropbox, then edit it and re-save it using the same file name as the original, in most cases you will forever lose your original. In Dropbox, you can use their website to go back and selectively restore older versions of the same file. I've used this a couple of times and its saved my bacon when I accidentally saved a large Excel model, overwriting the prior version (that turned out to have the correct data).

15. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Another vote for drop box. (I'd love to use Box but they only half-ass suuport Mac).