Share a folder between Mac and iPad

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
I want to be able to share a folder via my Mac to my iPad. Can this be done?

So when I use Photoshop I'll be able to display my photo editing stuff from my Mac to my iPad?

Thanks

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Look at the Air Sharing App, this allows you to access Mac folders from the iPad. Alternatively, use Dropbox.
There's an App called Air Display, is that the one? It only says it's for Macs or PCs, and doesn't mention iPads. Thanks

SuperRob

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
Box.net, Dropbox, SugarSync, SkyDrive ... there are TONS of options. Personally, I find Dropbox to be easiest. But there's ups and downs to all of them. Most have some arbitrary file size limitation.

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
Dropbox rocks it. You can even store iWork stuff in there and have automatic sync to your Mac by using WebDAV to Dropbox.

tekchic

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Definitely the Dropbox as well. It's the easiest way to keep your files in sync, and then access them as needed on the iPad. I have 4gb from Dropbox and 50gb from Box.net, but the Dropbox is 10x more valuable to me because it's supported by so many apps.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
One more little hidden feature of Dropbox you may enjoy, particularly when editing pictures on-the-fly.

Dropbox supports a "time machine" sort of file backup. If you store an original file in your Dropbox, then edit it and re-save it using the same file name as the original, in most cases you will forever lose your original. In Dropbox, you can use their website to go back and selectively restore older versions of the same file. I've used this a couple of times and its saved my bacon when I accidentally saved a large Excel model, overwriting the prior version (that turned out to have the correct data).

Chupa Chupa

macrumors Pentium
Jul 16, 2002
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Another vote for drop box. (I'd love to use Box but they only half-ass suuport Mac).