Share a skill presentation today. What skil should I share

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
Ok so i have a presentation later today and i am supposed to share a skill. the problem is, I have no idea what skill to share with the people
please help

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
Can't help you unless if you tell us your "special abilities"... Kind of boring if you give a speech on a skill that everyone can do as well.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
special skills?
i can open ipods usually to repair them
i can blow things up
i can use a laptop
i can crack my jaw, but thats not really a skill more of an ability and i have bee told that if i keep on doing it i could break my jaw
i can think

thats about all i can think of
and i have to show this skill to a class and get at least 4 of them to be able to do it

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
Can you draw stuff?
maybe you could have a little walk through of how to draw ____.

Do it on the board and have the class follow step-by-step.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
Take up juggling? Pends how much time you have to learn. If you watch a couple videos of it, and if you're well-coordinated, you can pick up 3-ball juggling in under an hour, and within a couple hours have it going pretty steadily.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Hmmm... at community college one time we had to give a demonstration speech. One guy demonstrated how to make and use a beer bong...

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
Topics I have done in the past:

how to iron the perfect creases into pants

how to polish shoes and boots a shine

how to put hair up in french twist < it is a skill with long hair

how to perfectly fold a t-shirt

how to do CPR < good skill to have

how to delete the cookies and cache to hide your pron browsing

Arciel

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2006
New Zealand
ZoomZoomZoom said:
If you're well-coordinated, you can pick up 3-ball juggling in under an hour
It took me two weeks :(

Um. I know an interesting trick involving some matches. Which probably isn't useful, but about which I am going to tell you anyway :)

You'll need two match boxes, a plate, and at least 3 matches.

Step 1: Set one match box on its end on the plate. It helps if you hold the match box steady with a little piece of cellotape on the bottom. Jam one match a little way down into the box.

Step 2: Balance the other match against it. Make sure the angle between the matches is wide enough that the third match can be inserted between them as shown. (When you do the trick, the third match will be lit)

Step 3: Light the third match. Light the heads of the two balanced matches by holding the third match a little way underneath.

Step 4: The phosphorus melts and fuses the heads together before they combust, so as the match burns, the second match is lifted up into the air.

Note that in this photo the match is only lifted a little way up. I'm using big thick matches - the trick works better if you use the little thin kind: you can get the second match completely horizontal to the ground.

L

Lau

Arciel said:
Note that in this photo the match is only lifted a little way up. I'm using big thick matches - the trick works better if you use the little thin kind: you can get the second match completely horizontal to the ground.
We used to call this trick "Old man's willy" at school. :p