Share Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by froggytreafrogg, Jun 26, 2008.

1. froggytreafrogg macrumors regular

froggytreafrogg

It would be fantastic if someone could give me some instructions to share my internet connection from my iMac (10.5) to some other PCs in my house. I have tried the "share your internet connection-to-Ethernet-from-Airport" within the system preferences. My PCs used to connect through my mac when i had tiger. I'm trying to share an Airport connection to ethernet port. Sense i upgraded to Leopard, i cannot sucessfully share my airport connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. patrickmacrumor macrumors regular

What range of IP addresses are you using ?

I had a similar problem where I was trying to share my internet connection as follows:

>MacBook connected to internet via my router (192.168.2.x)
    >Ethernet cable connecting a Linux notebook to my MacBook. The latter was supposed to share its connection through the Ethernet port.

It never worked. After a lot of research on the net (not easy to find ) I realised that when you enable Internet sharing, the port sharing the connection uses DHCP and automatically pick the 192.168.2.X range. I had to change my primary range to 192.168.1.X for Internet sharing to work.

Hope this helps.

--
    Patrick