Share iPhone internet connection on macbook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ftored, Dec 14, 2008.

1. ftored macrumors regular

ftored

I was wondering if there was a way to do this? I mean connect to the internet from my macbook pro using iphone's celllular data network thing. I currently have the iphone on O2 UK with free internet access.

Anyone tried this?:D

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

It's called tethering.

I don't know if O2 has a plan to do so, but if not, you'll need to jailbreak.

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Back in the early days of the App store there was an App called NetShare. And for a one-time $9.99 price, you could share your internet connection of your iPhone with your MacBook. It was quickly crushed by cellular companies and as of now, I don't know of any way to connect the two currently. Word is it may be available as a monthly charge shortly.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

5. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I had PDAnet when my iPhone was jailbroken, and it was VERY easy to use on my MacBook. When I installed the latest firmware update, I had to un-jailbreak my phone, so I don't have it anymore, unfortunately.

It's currently against the AT&T terms of service (I'm not sure about your carrier, but I assume it to be too). But they shouldn't find out, unless you use crazy amounts of data.