Share iPhoto pictures between two macs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joejoejoe, Aug 16, 2007.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Hey,

We have two Macs in our family, a macbook pro and powerbook g4. I'm trying to get about 900 photos from the power to the mac. I spent the past 20 minutes waiting for a DVD to burn with the pictures and it failed.

Both are connected to the internet.

Is there an easier way to move the pictures?

Thanks

2. Cyberthato macrumors member

target disk mode

If you have a firewire cable just hook them together and restart your mbp in target disk mode (hold T at boot up), that way your mbp should become an external disk drive of your powerbook.

3. sk3pt1c macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

since you have them both on your home network, you can just export your iphoto library from your powerbook and click on network, connect to your macbook pro and drop them in a folder there, then import them into your iphoto library there.
    i don't know of a shorter way.
    if you take the photos using target disk mode, you'll have to take the whole iphoto library folder, which is automatically sub-divided into rolls and so on and i don't know if that will help or make this more confusing...

4. devman macrumors 65816

devman

iPhoto has sharing built in via Bonjour. go to preferences->sharing then select share my photos. The other mac then loads iPhoto and your library will show up in their source list. From there they can browse your library just like on of their own and then copy whatever they want by drag/drop to their own library (or an album).

You don't want to get underneath the skirt of iPhoto and access the library folders directly.