Share iTunes CG between husband and wife

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by koesherbacon, Jan 30, 2014.

1. koesherbacon macrumors member

As one of my wife's holiday bonuses, she got a $100 iTunes/AppStore GC.

We both use separate iTunes accounts so we can keep our apps, music books, etc separate, so when I download a Pathfinder RPG app, it doesn't automatically go onto hers mad when she downloads CAD apps for her architecture classes at college, they don't show up on mine.

Anyway, what we'd like to know is whether there is a way to join our accounts so we can both use the GC money since $100 can buy a lot of apps for two people and she would never spend nearly that amount on herself because she put it in her account before we thought about this conundrum.

If there's a way, we will really appreciate it! Thank you very much!

2. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Worse case, you might be able to put the full $100 on her iTunes account and then have her "Gift" you stuff you want.

4. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

excellent idea.

5. koesherbacon thread starter macrumors member

Tried it. Unfortunately, "Gifts" come out of real money. As does "Gifting" an app to someone else :(

I guess we're screwed.

6. pmontanarella macrumors 6502

You could still have your wife gift $50 and she'd pay the $50 but she would still have $100 to spend on iTunes.

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

My wife and I have separate iTunes, everything is shared easily with home sharing expet apps. I do have 2 on mine that belong to my wife's that she got under her iTunes account. The only issue is when I update them I have to sign in under hers for it when it prompts me.

8. koesherbacon thread starter macrumors member

So if I sign into iTunes with her name I could put apps on mine using her GC?

9. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Funny thing is I'm not sure, I did this by accident. I resorted my iPhone and added the apps in iTunes, and not knowing some were hers. When the app updates, all mine did they I get a pop-up asking for the password for my wife's iTunes.