share iTunes downloads

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fjs08, May 24, 2007.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Hi,

My wife liked my video iPod so much, I got her one too. Can we share downloads?? Or is it one user/purchase??

Thanks.

Frank

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

To be more precise, you can play iTS purchased content on 5 computers and an unlimited number of iPods and :apple:TV units from each of thsoe computers.

Most likely in this case you'd just sync your wife's new iPod to the same library as yours.

B

3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>Most likely in this case you'd just sync your wife's new iPod to the same library as yours.<<

Her iPod will be linked to her computer though and it is a PC. I have a Mac. How can I get stuff from i Tunes on my Mac (Mac Book Pro) to her ThinkPad and vice versa???

She doesn't want to link everything up to my Mac since I have it at the office during the day and she says she'll do her downloading etc, during that time.

Thanks.

Frank

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Many ways to do this.

The easiest is to use iTunes and the iPods themselves, if all your purchases are on the Mac, and you authorize iTunes on the PC to the same iTS account you can sync purchases from your iPod to her PC. (This assumes you iPod is PC formatted).

Otherwise, just copy the files over (USB flash drive, CD, network) and add them to her library.

B

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Email, SFTP (enable on the Mac with System Preferences==>Sharing==>Services==>Remote Access) or Windows File Sharing (enable on the Mac with System Preferences==>Sharing==>Services==>Windows Sharing)