Share links from iPad to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by omyard, Jan 9, 2011.

1. omyard, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011

omyard macrumors regular

Is there an app that will let me share links between my iPad and iPhone? Maybe even one that will let me share between my iMac and iPad and iPhone? Sometimes when I'm on my iPhone I want to send a link to my iPad, but other then e-mailing myself I don't know of a way. Is there one?

http://www.sitetophone.com allows me to share links from my iMac to iPhone or iPad, but it's only a one way street. Is there another website that will do this or perhaps an App?

EDIT: I was able to copy the javascript from Safari OS X to both the Safari mobile apps. So I'm now able to share between all 3 equally so long as I'm using Safari.

2. qoo77 macrumors newbie

I love Cloudapp, i use it to share more than just links.

For the iPhone and iPad, I use the free iOS app Cloudette.

Another paid alternative is Cloud2Go for iPhone and BlueNube for iPad

3. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

MobileMe

The capability to do this via MobileMe is one of the features I like best about the service. I made a special tab on the menu bar that I've called Temp, and I simple save a bookmark there when all I want to is to be able to open the link later on a different device or laptop. You are locked into using Safari however, so sometimes, I'll have to copy the link, at the new location, and paste it into my favorite browser.

Be aware though, that MobileMe might be changing after this Monday when Apple annunces their iCloud service. It may replace MobileMe altogether.

4. laurenr macrumors 6502a

A great way to share links between iPhone, iPad and computer, is to use the tools from "Keep it With Me". It is a bookmarklet you set up on each device, that allows you to share links between them in one easy step. Quote from their website:

"1) Go to the website you want to send to your smartphone or other computer
    2) Click your 'Send with KeepItWith.Me' bookmark
    3) Now on your other device click the 'Receive with KeepItWith.Me' bookmark
    Thats it! Now you should be reading your article on your smartphone. You can also send a web page in the opposite direction (phone to computer) using the same process
    ."

Link:
    http://www.keepitwith.me/