Share music from Mac to iPhone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johnlandino, Nov 18, 2011.

1. johnlandino macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ive searched and havent found much info about sharin music from my mac to my phone.
    I record alot of music on my mac, so i spend alot of nights in bed listening to mixes of mine. But its a hassle to sync and delete every updated mix to my phone through itunes.
    Is there a way i could set up a sort of 'drop box' to drag mixes into and be able to stream or access from my iphone? For free?

2. Fazzy macrumors 6502

download an app called fileapp on your iPhone. to wirelessly sync content, download cyberduck on your mac (http://cyberduck.ch) and follow the instructions on the website. once its all set up, just drag and drop content. It works for most files and filetypes, not just music. :)

3. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

If you put your mixes into iTunes, the iPhone can access the mixes via HomeSharing. The catch is that your Mac needs to be left on.

4. johnlandino, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

johnlandino thread starter macrumors member

Most nights i leave my mac on (i know i shouldnt) but i log out. Would it still work if im logged out? i also dont have any wifi in my house my network is wired.

5. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

For Home Sharing to work, you'd need to leave the Mac logged in ... and have iTunes opened. As for the no-wifi thing, you could always set up your Mac to share the internet over an ad-hoc network. Basically, your Mac becomes the router. Caveat - not sure if Home Sharing works over an ad-hoc network.