Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Hi, GF and I both have an Iphone 6S, and i have an apple music sub.

She wants to access music but we can't buy 2x apple music sub because she doesn't use it at much as me.

We looked into family sharing, but I want (and she wants) to be indepandant, aka her account her credit card her own music

Is there a way to do it?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
So you are asking if you can buy a single :apple:Music account and use it independently on multiple accounts?o_O

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
So you are asking if you can buy a single :apple:Music account and use it independently on multiple accounts?o_O

Semi true

I do ask a way to share, but not for free lol. Like a sub account only for music where I could share her music without her accessing other music or something. Like a 5$/month sub account.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Hi, GF and I both have an Iphone 6S, and i have an apple music sub.

She wants to access music but we can't buy 2x apple music sub because she doesn't use it at much as me.

We looked into family sharing, but I want (and she wants) to be indepandant, aka her account her credit card her own music

Is there a way to do it?

A family subscription would allow her to have her own music but the issue is it uses a single payment method for all purchases of members in the family group (including apps, iTunes purchases, etc)
Maybe she could create a new Apple Id just to use with Apple Music and you could add that one to the family group? That way she could keep her current Id, billing details, etc but have access to Apple Music for less cost than a full subscription

I've never tried this so don't know 100% it would work, but can't think of any reason it wouldn't

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
A family subscription would allow her to have her own music but the issue is it uses a single payment method for all purchases of members in the family group (including apps, iTunes purchases, etc)
Maybe she could create a new Apple Id just to use with Apple Music and you could add that one to the family group? That way she could keep her current Id, billing details, etc but have access to Apple Music for less cost than a full subscription

I've never tried this so don't know 100% it would work, but can't think of any reason it wouldn't

Sorry for being late, but will she be able to have 1 Apple ID for Music and 1 for Apps and stuff at the same time on the phone?

Or will she needs to keep login in and out?

JPark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2006
Sorry for being late, but will she be able to have 1 Apple ID for Music and 1 for Apps and stuff at the same time on the phone?

Or will she needs to keep login in and out?
I have the same question. Did you ever get it figured out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.