iPhone Share partial IOS contact details

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Grant08, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Grant08 macrumors newbie

Is it possible to share partial details of an IOS contact?
    eg: if I wanted to share a contact with a business colleague but only select certain numbers and email addresses so not to let out personal details is this possible?
    I know contacts can be sent like a business card via message &/or email but it appears the entire contact is sent rather than selected details.
    I have occasions when I require sending my digital card (contact details) but I do not want to send all my details.

2. moomanjohnny macrumors regular

moomanjohnny

Either just type out what you want to send, or make another contact for yourself that only has the info you want to send. Those are the only things I can think of, sorry.

3. aldrinjtauro macrumors regular

Haha I did that, and then Facebook synced the contact with my profile, and iOS said "Happy birthday [My Name]! [My Name Again] has a birthday today as well!".

4. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

This would be a great option / feature - it is a pain to separate personal info and notes before sharing a contact, would be great if there was a way to default selected fields to be shared somehow.

5. uhaas macrumors 6502

uhaas

I have 2 contact cards, a personal and a professional. I use different contact pics to easily identify them. My personal has personal info, home address, birthday, etc.

Facebook syncing sucks, as far as I'm concerned. I don't want all 5,000 contacts synced with Facebook, nor do I want info overridden in my contacts with Facebook info. I turned it off right away back in iOS 5 or 6 or whenever it was introduced.

6. guychicago macrumors 6502

guychicago

7. Paco II macrumors 65816

There are apps in the store that are designed for just this purpose.

8. MiniMoney, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017

MiniMoney macrumors newbie