Share photos for iPhone Nano

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by suzette.zell667, Dec 10, 2008.

1. suzette.zell667 macrumors newbie

:eek:People who I know at a Apple store have told me they are gearing up for the iPhone Nano within two months, He also showed me the photos, I looks like what we discussed before is true. I also heard from him that the price will be lower than iPhone 3G. I am looking forward to buy one.:D:D

Attached Files:

2. jarethe01 macrumors newbie

Wtf!

Is this thing for real or are you just perfect with photo shop damn thats going to be a winner with the females. I will get one just cuz it look bitching! show more pics dont keep them all to your self.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

People at the Apple Store lied to you. This makes absolutely no sense.

4. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

I think these are just really well photo shopped pictures. If it apple does come out with the iphone nano 6 months after I was locked into a 3 year contract with rogers, i am going to casue some trouble at the rogers store;)

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Why? Technology changes, too bad. You signed the contract, you knew that it was long term, they have no responsibility to let you switch to a new device (that doesn't exist and won't exist).

6. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Yet another baseless rumor. Besides, the small phone in the guy's hand is the same size as the 3G in my hand now. It's just a clever illusion (well it's not that clever), and obviouly the other pictures are photoshopped.

7. hekokimushi macrumors regular

hekokimushi

looks fake... the smaller on top phone's far edge seems to have been smudged.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ha ha, yeah...much like these two different ads.

That's a rotating image in that article. Wait for it to change. Same phone, different hands. Big difference!

As for the other 2 photos, that is the easiest Photoshop task I can imagine. Shrink an object with straight edges and place it next to itself? 2 or 3 minutes, tops.

9. gdeusthewhizkid macrumors 6502a

u people on here are so sceptical. I think it's real. Look at the shadow on the two phones on top of each other. That is great detail. and look at the earphone jack. it's on the bottom. I don't think you can photo shop that. I would get it if it comes out for real.

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

But what would be the point of Apple making it?

It wouldn't be much cheaper to make something like that. In fact, it may cost more since smaller components often cost more. But let's assume they can shave $50 to $100 off the price. What's the trade-off? No GPS or camera? Only 4 GB? Less battery life?

Who is going to give all that up for just $50 - $100 when they're about topay $2,000 for the cellular contract?

Looking back, the iPod Mini was 4 GB for $249 while the larger capacity iPod was $299. In that situation the Mini sold well because it offered color cases and a smaller form (an advantage for a music player, but a disadvatage for an iPhone since the screen is now less useful). So in that case it was a trade-off. Less space, but smaller and colorful.

A mini iPhone pretty much has only drawbacks...no pluses other than price savings, which as I said are pretty much nothing when you compare it to what you're paying for the service. So the only "pro" point is a pretty minor point.

And even if all that doesn't make sense to you, what do you think about the 10,000 apps that have been designed for one screen size suddenly being told to instantly release a second version for a smaller screen? That won't go over so well with developers OR users once they find that many apps that could run on a mini iPhone actually don't run because they haven't been re-designed yet.

So basically, there are about a dozen reasons to not do this and no real good reasons TO do it!

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You're totally right, no one could photoshop something that looked that good. Oh wait....besides, the headphone jack on the bottom is more reminiscent of an iPod Touch, and would be quite annoying to have there when you're trying to dial the phone.

12. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

13. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Ever used Photoshop before? An elementary school student could create a drop shadow. It takes no more than five clicks. I could reproduce these pictures in 15 minutes (including the time it takes to take and import the photos from a camera). I'm not bragging... it's just that easy.

And they didn't genetically engineer real Dinosaurs to make Jurassic Park either. Those were also made with computers... Amazing, eh?

14. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Surely you mean they used computers to clone dinosaurs for the movie...I can't believe any current special effects from the '90s could be that realistic!

15. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

Not real. Fake.... Plus there are those crappy ipod touch rip off devices out there that could have been used as the core image in which he could of built the iphone nano off of using photoshop. Microcenter sells them for 79$. http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0287241

They're called v-touch 2gb mp3 player and they are roughly that size.

Either way, this isn't real. Maybe Apple will come out with the iphone nano at some point. i do remember hearing Steve Jobs state at some point he wanted three versions of the phone, but this is definitely not it. I think Apple is done with the iphone with the exception of memory bumps because everyone is locked into 2 year contracts with them. Expect the next latest and greatest iphone to come out right around the 2 year mark when contracts are up.

Just my 2 cents
    ;)

16. DarthTreydor macrumors 6502

i know that it's fake but i think a smaller iphone would be a good idea. i could deal with a little less screen real estate if it meant a smaller bulge in my pocket. [insert crude joke here]. they could even keep the price point close to the same or maybe just a little less (say $150 instead of $200) and people would still buy it for the smaller form factor. i mean people buy are buying macbook airs which cost MORE and are less functional than a macbook simply for the slightly smaller size. hey, maybe apple will name it the iphone air and charge people $400 for it :rolleyes:

17. svndmvn Guest

especially since last summer when the 3g version arrived. So, I think we should have major hardware changes in a year and a half from now.
    The whole concept of the iPhone was to avoid keys for it to be more modifiable via software.
    Rumors are good for people to stay with AT&T and not go try BlackBerries or Nokia/Samsung/HTC alternatives.
    Does anyone really think the iPhone will be obsolete in a year? More than it is now? I doubt it. The firmware will look obsolete just like the old one looks now without the appstore, for instance.

18. samiwas macrumors 65816

I don't know what you're talking about. My iPhone has always had the headphone jack on the bottom. Who says no one can photoshop? I did this in literally 5 minutes.

Attached Files:

19. sparkyms macrumors 65816

I think as far as "screen real estate" goes, a lot of people are forgetting that you can have a smaller screen with the same res. Now, I'm not for one minute speculating, or indeed entertaining the notion that this picture is real, but you can technically fit the same amount of stuff on the screen, with a better pixel density.

At the same time, it wouldn't be entirely retarded for the headphone jack to be at the bottom, the iPod touch touts this, and I don't believe too many find it difficult to type/enter information and text into safari or mail, and in this situation one is probably far more likely to be listening to music, considering it is an iPod touch.

This, like others have stated is very unlikely to be the "iPhone nano", but I believe it is less to do with some of the reasons stated, and more to do with Apples business model and pricing regime that inhibits this from happening right now.

20. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

This could easily be a real mini iPhone shown in these photos, but probably made in China. There's tons of these iClones over there. Send a picture of the back of that "iPhone Nano" and let us see what's on there. I agree with most of the people here, it wouldn't make too much sense to release a new iPhone version that is slightly smaller, it wouldn't be much cheaper to make.

21. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I'm sure that would be fun to use the keyboard on.

22. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

23. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I hope not. I can't understand why you would want it any smaller than it already is.

24. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I see what you did there...

25. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Agreed. Some of these rumors are completely baseless. I have no problem with speculation, but these threads are like speculation based on speculation based on no evidence whatsoever. We should have a forum dedicated to these kind of baseless rumors. I know people are just speculating, but it's almost annoying at times! :p