Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
i know it allows you to share your pkgbackup. do you just mms your pkgbackup contact to someone, then they save it, open pkgbackup and restore,then they have all of your cydia apps that i installed?

i would like my wife to have all the ones i have, this would make it easy if it works, instead of having to d/l each one individually.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
i know it allows you to share your pkgbackup. do you just mms your pkgbackup contact to someone, then they save it, open pkgbackup and restore,then they have all of your cydia apps that i installed?

i would like my wife to have all the ones i have, this would make it easy if it works, instead of having to d/l each one individually.

I think there's more to it than that. There are instructions here.

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
i read that and it looks like what i said will work, i just need to install pkg backup on her ip4 and hit restore.

sweet, hope it works!

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
by the way does pkgbackup save edited apps? like te theme lockms that everyone and their dog has been editing? i want hers to look almost exactly like mine.

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
i tried it with my cousin and it didnt work. he has a 3gs on 4.0.1 and i have a ip4 on 4.0.1.

Dizle

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
The Beach
Can anyone confirm this works with 4.0.1 on an iphone 4? It would be nice to be able to have a back up of jailbroken apps...

sidewinder

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2008
Northern California
Can anyone confirm this works with 4.0.1 on an iphone 4? It would be nice to be able to have a back up of jailbroken apps...

PkgBackup works properly on an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.x.

But, PkgBackup does not backup the Jailbreak apps. It creates a list of packages installed on the iPhone and backs up that list. With the appropriate settings enabled, it will also backup the icon layout if you have SBOrganizer installed and any "Categories" folders you have setup.

When you use PkgBackup to restore, it downloads and installs the latest versions of the packages it stored in its list.

S-

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010
PkgBackup works properly on an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.x.

But, PkgBackup does not backup the Jailbreak apps. It creates a list of packages installed on the iPhone and backs up that list. With the appropriate settings enabled, it will also backup the icon layout if you have SBOrganizer installed and any "Categories" folders you have setup.

When you use PkgBackup to restore, it downloads and installs the latest versions of the packages it stored in its list.

S-

I want to backup all my jbroken apps and their "data". I'm on 4.0.1 on my iphone 4. Please tell me the best way to do this so I don't lose anything? I have some apps like YouTubeToMp3 and don't want to lose all the songs saved in the jailbroken app, etc. as well as all my other apps and their data.

I've heard abdout pkg backup, and some others. I'm not smart enough to do this ssh thing, just looking for a good and easy way. Please help me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.