share, sync, transfer app data between iPad and iphone

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Xoccerlvr, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Xoccerlvr macrumors newbie

I just got an iPad but have owned a iPhone for some time. My iPhone was synced to my pc prior to syncing the iPad.
    On my iPhone, I have notes, game data, etc which are not available when I access these apps from the iPad. So I guess the app syncs but not the data from the app.

Is there an app that will keep the data on the devices synche? or another way to transfer the info from one device to another? Any idea where the app data is stored?

2. Venator Fox macrumors newbie

Application data such as gamesaves, pages documents, or other files related to the application is located in the following directory:

/var/mobile/Applications

The application folder will not be named as the application.
    However you can open the folder and see what app it actually is.

If you have iFile, you can turn on Application Names, and it will display all installed Appstore applications.

Inside the application, you savedata will reside in the documents folder (for most applications).

iFile also has web server, so you can transfer archives between devices. (Provided you have Safari Downloader installed on the iDevice).

If you have neither, purchasing safari downloader will discount the purchase of iFile.

If you don't want to buy anything, just SSH with your computer.