Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

craig1410

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2007
Scotland
I just asked an online chat rep to check Glasgow retails stores and he said they had no stock of either pencils or smart keyboards.

yicaiweng

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2015
went to apple store in Metairie, LA. they didn't get any shipment since wed, they were surprised they even get the iPad pro. they don't know when the pencil gonna be there, but they do have keyboard. all they told me was check apple store and see if the pickup in store is available.

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

Atomic Walrus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2012
Oak Brook, IL store has them. I just picked up 2...11:30AM CDT.

No keyboards though

HE BOUGHT 2 EVERYONE GET HIM!

Seriuosly though, I expected that a lot of people would want two. I have 2 pens for my Surface Pro 1 (not two of the same pen, but it's the same idea). Obviously Apple had no idea how much people wanted these. Or they knew exactly and are messing with us to generate buzz.

Called both stores in SLC, UT. No Pencils, didn't ask about keyboards.

Reactions: AppleWes

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Called in to a store and got redirected to support who told me that Pencils are online only for the time being.

Went into the Holyoke, Marlborough and Natick Massachusetts stores and none had the Pencil or the Keyboard. Unbelievably frustrating.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Arrowhead Apple Store - Glendale, AZ at store opening this morning. They're telling people to just order it online to get it "faster"... 4-5 weeks.

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Apple Store at Montgomery Mall in Bethesda Md did not have pencils or keyboards as of 10am.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
There first thing when my local store opened. The gal actually thought they had some pencils and keyboards but that wasn't the case. She told me to order online.

sketchguy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I keep updating the Store App and the website. One thing that's annoying is, you can't check different stores. I tried logging out of my account to see if that would give me any options, but it doesn't seem to matter. Every indication online is simply "4-5 weeks". The order I placed Wednesday morning around 6:50a PT is at "Processing Order, 3-4 weeks". GRRRRRR. My two closest stores would be Third St. Promenade in Santa Monica, or the Century City Apple Store. Anyone else in the LA area reporting Pencil availability please weigh in!

kdog0126

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2009
I just called them, said they do not have them in stock. Did you preorder it?
Go to the store. When you call the number it's the customer service number. When I went the shipment just came in. They have 5 more after I got mine (and one for a friend)

luciomaramba

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
Long Beach, CA
I keep updating the Store App and the website. One thing that's annoying is, you can't check different stores. I tried logging out of my account to see if that would give me any options, but it doesn't seem to matter. Every indication online is simply "4-5 weeks". The order I placed Wednesday morning around 6:50a PT is at "Processing Order, 3-4 weeks". GRRRRRR. My two closest stores would be Third St. Promenade in Santa Monica, or the Century City Apple Store. Anyone else in the LA area reporting Pencil availability please weigh in!

Was there at opening his morning - No stock in Century City. :-(

crazyitalian198

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2006
Go to the store. When you call the number it's the customer service number. When I went the shipment just came in. They have 5 more after I got mine (and one for a friend)
I just went in to the Michigan Ave store despite being told they had none in stock over the phone. Was able to demo it, but the pencils were not in stock there. I'd go to oak brook if it wasn't a ~2 hour round trip process, or if I knew there would be stock when I arrived. Thanks tho.

Reactions: iphone5att64

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I called San Francisco this morning and they told me they aren't getting them in for 3 - 4 weeks. Which is different than what I was told the other day. I was told they rarely know what is coming in, so to check back daily. That seems more accurate of the way Apple does things :D

I will still call each business day until mine ships.

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
store near me today got 5 and i walked in right as the 5th sold. I did get a keyboard though, was the second to last one they had.

Just got back from the Apple Store in Delaware with one in my hands. Getting this required A LOT of phone calls and calling in favors. They (the Apple Store folks) have no idea when stock will arrive and acknowledge this isn't Apple's most shining moment.

What time did you go in?

Some stores had them in today.

d28z28

Suspended
Apr 20, 2015
Omaha Village Point - no pencils or keyboards. They have absolutely no idea when they'll get them. They recommend ordering online.

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
My two local stores had none but did get some keyboards that were all called for from in store pickups the other day.

On another note does anyone's pencil orders say "we've received your order" instead of processing? I'm a little concerned because usually it turns to processing by now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.