iPad Pro Share the results of your retail store Apple Pencil stock check

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iphone5att64, Nov 13, 2015.

1. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

The App Store app show 4-5 weeks for Apple Pencil. Best Buy, Staples, B&H show coming soon or out of stock.

Has anyone called a store or asked in the store? What did they say? Where was the store?

2. craig1410 macrumors 65816

craig1410

I just asked an online chat rep to check Glasgow retails stores and he said they had no stock of either pencils or smart keyboards.

3. yicaiweng macrumors member

yicaiweng

went to apple store in Metairie, LA. they didn't get any shipment since wed, they were surprised they even get the iPad pro. they don't know when the pencil gonna be there, but they do have keyboard. all they told me was check apple store and see if the pickup in store is available.

4. kdog0126 macrumors member

Oak Brook, IL store has them. I just picked up 2...11:30AM CDT.

No keyboards though

5. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

HE BOUGHT 2 EVERYONE GET HIM!

Seriuosly though, I expected that a lot of people would want two. I have 2 pens for my Surface Pro 1 (not two of the same pen, but it's the same idea). Obviously Apple had no idea how much people wanted these. Or they knew exactly and are messing with us to generate buzz.

Called both stores in SLC, UT. No Pencils, didn't ask about keyboards.

6. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Called in to a store and got redirected to support who told me that Pencils are online only for the time being.

Went into the Holyoke, Marlborough and Natick Massachusetts stores and none had the Pencil or the Keyboard. Unbelievably frustrating.

7. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

My store in Memphis got a small shipment in today where I was able to grab one.

8. crazyitalian198 macrumors regular

I just called them, said they do not have them in stock. Did you preorder it?

9. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Arrowhead Apple Store - Glendale, AZ at store opening this morning. They're telling people to just order it online to get it "faster"... 4-5 weeks.

10. flux73 macrumors 65816

Wow, the search for a Pencil is like hunting for one of Willy Wonka's Golden Tickets.

11. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

Apple Store at Montgomery Mall in Bethesda Md did not have pencils or keyboards as of 10am.

12. AppleRobert macrumors 603

There first thing when my local store opened. The gal actually thought they had some pencils and keyboards but that wasn't the case. She told me to order online.

13. sketchguy macrumors member

sketchguy

I keep updating the Store App and the website. One thing that's annoying is, you can't check different stores. I tried logging out of my account to see if that would give me any options, but it doesn't seem to matter. Every indication online is simply "4-5 weeks". The order I placed Wednesday morning around 6:50a PT is at "Processing Order, 3-4 weeks". GRRRRRR. My two closest stores would be Third St. Promenade in Santa Monica, or the Century City Apple Store. Anyone else in the LA area reporting Pencil availability please weigh in!

14. kdog0126 macrumors member

Go to the store. When you call the number it's the customer service number. When I went the shipment just came in. They have 5 more after I got mine (and one for a friend)

15. kdog0126 macrumors member

16. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

You can say "manager" at the first prompt to talk to someone in store who will be able to check on physical stock. None in Utah.

17. luciomaramba macrumors newbie

Was there at opening his morning - No stock in Century City. :-(

18. jmeas macrumors regular

jmeas

19. crazyitalian198 macrumors regular

I just went in to the Michigan Ave store despite being told they had none in stock over the phone. Was able to demo it, but the pencils were not in stock there. I'd go to oak brook if it wasn't a ~2 hour round trip process, or if I knew there would be stock when I arrived. Thanks tho.

20. chrisdrackett macrumors newbie

chrisdrackett

21. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I called San Francisco this morning and they told me they aren't getting them in for 3 - 4 weeks. Which is different than what I was told the other day. I was told they rarely know what is coming in, so to check back daily. That seems more accurate of the way Apple does things :D

I will still call each business day until mine ships.

22. iphone5att64 thread starter macrumors 6502

What time did you go in?

Some stores had them in today.

23. luciomaramba macrumors newbie

Nothing at Third St. Promenade in Santa Monica either - they actually checked the back for stock when I arrived.

24. d28z28 Suspended

d28z28

Omaha Village Point - no pencils or keyboards. They have absolutely no idea when they'll get them. They recommend ordering online.

25. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

My two local stores had none but did get some keyboards that were all called for from in store pickups the other day.

On another note does anyone's pencil orders say "we've received your order" instead of processing? I'm a little concerned because usually it turns to processing by now.