Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
i know they pulled the ios integration for twitter nad facebook etc

But i am on the road right now and each time i try to tweet something. Like. I am listening to this podcast in downcast or i want to share a safari page

There is a popup that says that no twitter account found. And i have to set it up in settings.

I have twitter app installed. And clearly am logged into it. And the settings -> twitter page doesnt have a way to set any account up

Bit confused about where to go. And like i said i am on the road right now. Searching doesnt seem to give me any satisfying results

Am i missing spmething or does the second beta simply not have a means to use this yet ?

Just looking for some quick help Tnx

Attachments

• IMG_9451.PNG
    IMG_9451.PNG
    272.5 KB · Views: 146

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2013
iOS 11 is a very big bust IMO. I LOVE the integration of social media. Once I log in via settings app I'm set. No going back and forth from what I'm doing to the social media app. Blah!

Floris

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
iOS 11 is a very big bust IMO. I LOVE the integration of social media. Once I log in via settings app I'm set. No going back and forth from what I'm doing to the social media app. Blah!
I understand, but it doesn't really answer my question on what i can do to make sharing to twitter from apps (even stock safari) to work.

Am I missing a panel where i add an account or something? do i need to remove twitter from the share and add it again or something ?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I understand, but it doesn't really answer my question on what i can do to make sharing to twitter from apps (even stock safari) to work.

Am I missing a panel where i add an account or something? do i need to remove twitter from the share and add it again or something ?
I'm guessing Twitter has to update their app for iOS 11 for this to work. Since it's not officially released they don't really have to at this time.

Or maybe, considering that dialogue box, it's iOS that needs the update.

Floris

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
I'm guessing Twitter has to update their app for iOS 11 for this to work. Since it's not officially released they don't really have to at this time.

Or maybe, considering that dialogue box, it's iOS that needs the update.
Ok, that is along the lines of what i was thinking. Ok, at least I am not missing something or being really stupid and overlooking some setting somewhere ..

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
One reason I stop sharing sth to twitter for now. Not a big deal to me though.
Social media support will be endless if Apple continues, such as some China ripoff social media, instagram, Vimeo, etc. .

DiscoMcDisco

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2013
London
I’ve asked the guys at TapBots (Tweetbot) about it, I imagine they’ll add Support now default iOS is now unavailable.

I’d expect all things like this will have some priority for 3rd party developers in the next couple of months. Should be fixed before public launch.

Vanoord

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2014
Curiously, it does work* (in the second Beta) even though it flashes up the message that an account needs to be set up in Settings.

What doesn't work is if you previously had a choice of Twitter accounts - you're stuck with one of them, possibly the one you used most recently.

* i.e. from Photos, click the Share icon, dismiss the message and then hit 'Post'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.