Share your Apple Watch Travel Stories

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by parseckadet, Jun 9, 2015.

1. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

Dec 13, 2010
    Denver, CO
    My watch won't get here until later in the week, and even then I don't have any travel plans coming up any time soon. To me one of the biggest benefits of the Apple Watch is it's utility, or potential utility, when traveling. It seems like all the reviews of the Apple Watch only scratched the surface of what it's like to travel with it. I would love to hear from others who travel more frequently how the Apple Watch is serving you and what little surprises you're finding that haven't really been talked about in the media much. So tell us your stories about your travels, and not just by air. I'm really interested in hearing some road trip stories too.
  2. MaxPage92 macrumors newbie

May 29, 2015
    Tirol, Austria
    I'm flying to Dubai tomorrow then Bangkok and then England... So I'll see how it goes and get back to you.
  3. luckyblue macrumors regular

Jan 7, 2010
    I travel a lot for work. Last week I was heading from the airport to the hotel and using maps to get me there. I noticed that the watch kept tapping me and telling me directions. At first I thought that this would be annoying and I would turn that map feature off and just use it on my phone like I always have.

Then... the next day after my meeting I was in a rush to get back to the airport, but I had about 4 clients that I needed to call on the way there. Of course I set maps to take me to the airport while I started making some calls. Then I realized that my watch could give me directions instead of having to tell my client to hold on while I see where my next freeway change is. I'm now sold on that feature and find it very valuable!

Sometimes it's the little things that add up.