Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snugja

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2006
f14p67i.jpg

ddrulez

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Germany
Its really cool to draw on the iPad pro!
It will take me a while to be really good but this is what I learned so far.

Took me 16h to finish this. I have a tremor and smooth lines are hard to draw for me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
Its really cool to draw on the iPad pro!
It will take me a while to be really good but this is what I learned so far.

Took me 16h to finish this. I have a tremor and smooth lines are hard to draw for me.
Thanl\ks for including the time. I see so many great drawings in this thread and wonder how long it takes? Even more I wonder about the learning curve. How long does it take to learn to use the tools provided to achieve these results? I downloaded ProCreate today. Played with it a bit and it seems pretty robust. But it will take me a long time to learn to use all the offered tools.

ddrulez

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Germany
I used Photoshop with a tablet in the past so I know how the tools are working for the most part. But I don't draw the last 15 years anything expect technical sketches. I used Photoshop only for enhancing my pictures taken from my canon camera.
I used YouTube, a Book and Devinart learning materials for this drawing. The problem for me are the little details in the anatomy.
I achieved this in a couple of days. But I don't work anymore. If you work I think in 2 weeks it's possible to draw what I draw :)

goomba478

macrumors regular
May 10, 2012
I used Photoshop with a tablet in the past so I know how the tools are working for the most part. But I don't draw the last 15 years anything expect technical sketches. I used Photoshop only for enhancing my pictures taken from my canon camera.
I used YouTube, a Book and Devinart learning materials for this drawing. The problem for me are the little details in the anatomy.
I achieved this in a couple of days. But I don't work anymore. If you work I think in 2 weeks it's possible to draw what I draw :)

You did a great job! There are some anatomy and posing issues as you mentioned but those can be worked out in time ^_^. My recommendation to you would be to draw more from life even if it's tougher because that's the fastest way to improve. You obviously have skills though!

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
Ok right off I am not an artist (I am retired geologist and paleontologist) anyway I love doodling and such, and like taking pictures with my iPhone. However I have toyed with painting over years -- not that I am great or anything. So far just playing with it so no great images from this person, but to go along (before I ask question) here are some doodles in Paper53 ;-)

Now for a question to you artsy types and all. I really wanted to play more with this in earlier ipads and macs but never found software that made me want to go further. Just playing with the pencil in various art apps intrigues me alot. I have tinkered with tools, brushes and all and want to actually play more with it and perhaps learn to use this interesting tablet. Anyway I know there are short helps, tutorials in some of these apps but for a non artist like me who has been interested is there any help out there online, videos, perhaps other tutorials starting to show up -- maybe I need to follow links from apps? I purchased a couple of the ones special for Pro... -- had Paper53, have Adobe Sketch, Draw and Ideas. and such and also Procreate, Inkist. Few oldies from older ipads (Sketchbook, Draw, and SketchPadHD.

Would love to explore the digital media, tools in these apps, on this awesome pro with my new pencil. Any recommendations to me would be most welcome and I thought putting here.

For now you can enjoy my attempt to create a Picaso masterpiece ;-)

IMG_8390.jpg

FairyCatInPink

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
San Francisco, CA
Thanl\ks for including the time. I see so many great drawings in this thread and wonder how long it takes? Even more I wonder about the learning curve. How long does it take to learn to use the tools provided to achieve these results? I downloaded ProCreate today. Played with it a bit and it seems pretty robust. But it will take me a long time to learn to use all the offered tools.

I currently mainly use Procreate, and this one, yes sure you gotta learn some basic, like how to make layers and change orders of layers, or how to pick your brushes and change sizes, opacity, or pick colors. But this app isn't complicated and if you just want to draw, easy to do so. I think they have also basic tutorial online for it, you can access from their app.
Pick brushes ; Pencils or Water color brush, start doodling.
I've been using Photoshop/Illustrator, also Skechbook Pro, and other kinds, but for me, this one is so far good and easy. Especially if you want to experience your "hand drawing" by Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.

FairyCatInPink

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2015
San Francisco, CA

I forgot to mention about the time, most of my drawings/paintings, usually takes me about 1.5 hours to 2 hours to complete. Sometimes I reopen next day or few hours later and fix some more.

Reactions: kazmac

bowlman2345

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2015
This is my favorite thread on MR right now. I love seeing the creativity. I only had that one eye drawing, and I hadn't drawn for 20 years. Working on a Super Mario now. Will post when I'm finished.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.