Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KImono Gryphon

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2019
Oxford, Pa.
I find this odd. Why would you dispute another member's deafness? I hadn't realised your drawing was a sign until he/she commented but now I recognise it: 'I love you'?

I'm a casual BSL user myself, although primarily oral. Severely-profoundly deaf from birth although as I say I can and do sign. Amused at the number of deafies on this board; on most other forums I've been on I'm the only one!

Apologies for going off-thread! Still watching this to see the latest drawings and increasingly excited about getting my own iPP in the spring... (please, Apple).
I am actually , newly (?) partially deaf as I suffer from loud tinnitus that is continuous, vertigo and partial hearing loss. So I had developed a character that uses sign language as he talks.

I would love to learn ASL and such...

cheers,
Gryphon

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Procreate
B6AB30D1-8FA6-4B81-94EA-A54EFC849043.jpeg

ArtRage
D89B605E-13E4-4927-954F-F806A640296F.jpeg

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2004
Here goes. This is a pos; I’ve got bad eye hand coordination and a generous helping of Asperger’s (which I joke about because what else am I gonna do?). I’m medically retired and just....buy stuff, programs included.

It’s not a joke, also can’t handle math very well, but I read my chem texts front to back once and never had to study for exams.

But art, nah....and believe me, I struggled to draw this. Stuff that the kgarten teacher told me included ‘no Tom, legs go on the bottom’. Playing Trivial pursuit, I would struggle with anything other than the science category. And history b/c there’s patterns, lots of glorious patterns

I’ve got loads more drawing, uh but none are as good as this.

Tom

Attachments

• BC9820D5-75AC-4482-9F83-825F841A383C.jpeg
    BC9820D5-75AC-4482-9F83-825F841A383C.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 165

MaloCS

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
I created this graffiti piece for my son's club baseball team. This image was designed for the team banner but will be used on several pieces of team merchandise. The final piece was rendered in Adobe Illustrator so the background can be separated from the foreground resulting in a wide array of compositions and color schemes. Additionally, because the illustration is vector we don't have to worry about resolution when we go to print.

Title: Centennial Tigers Baseball
Medium: Apple Pencil, Affinity Designer, Adobe Illustrator
Date: February, 2020

48-CTB-Tigers_SMALL.jpg

For a larger view click here >>
[automerge]1581722973[/automerge]
Here's a piece I'm doing for Vuka Energy Drinks which will be used on custom clothing and gear. Since the final illustration is vector I can separate the elements and use them independently of each other on different products. For example, we can isolate the background and use it to create a pattern for a hoodie or even shoes, etc...

Title: Vuka Energy Drinks
Medium: Apple Pencil, Affinity Designer, Adobe Illustrator
Date: February, 2020

49-Vuka-SMALL.png

For a larger view click here >>

Last edited:

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Here goes. This is a pos; I’ve got bad eye hand coordination and a generous helping of Asperger’s (which I joke about because what else am I gonna do?). I’m medically retired and just....buy stuff, programs included.

It’s not a joke, also can’t handle math very well, but I read my chem texts front to back once and never had to study for exams.

But art, nah....and believe me, I struggled to draw this. Stuff that the kgarten teacher told me included ‘no Tom, legs go on the bottom’. Playing Trivial pursuit, I would struggle with anything other than the science category. And history b/c there’s patterns, lots of glorious patterns

I’ve got loads more drawing, uh but none are as good as this.

Tom
That you draw is great. :) If you enjoy it, please keep at it. Shapes and lines are all good.

@MaloCS - I love these last two logos. The Vuka is beautiful (in its colors and shapes). Great job.

Reactions: MaloCS

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Damn. All this drawing talent. Most of my family has drawing talent. The only thing I can draw is flies.

However, I did get the talent for music. Retired Air Force Band trumpet player.

Reactions: kazmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.