Share your experience with returning phone under AT&T Next

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by royinla14, Sep 10, 2014.

1. royinla14 macrumors regular

I'm considering switching to AT&T Next and although I always maintain my phones in like new condition I'm a little worried about how strict is AT&T when you return your phone after a year in order to get the new one under AT&T Next. Anyone here has experienced with that and care to share? Thanks.

2. 617aircav Suspended

Only a fool would return it. Pay it off and sell it.

3. noobinator macrumors 601

An iPhone 6 Plus 64gb is 37$ per month for 12 months on ATT next.

So you pay $37/month for 12 months = $444 for a year. If you pay off the phone it would be another $400. If you sell when the next iPhone is announced I doubt you will get much more than $400. Is it worth a few bucks to pay it off and then sell it?

4. twkroberts macrumors newbie

Hello, thanks for your comment and as I noticed your comment I have a question and I hope someone has a suggestion. I preordered the iPhone 6 under Apple for AT&T but did an early upgrade on contract and payed 549.00. I found out today that since I am a mobile share customer I will lose my 25.00 discount that I have been receiving on the line that I just upgraded. I am thinking about taking the iPhone 6 to the Apple Store sometime on Friday and switching over to the next plan. I would get my 549.00 refund and I would not lose my 25.00 discount. What do you think I should do? I really need some advice. Also is this possible and can Apple do this?

Thanks for the help

5. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

There's a thread about this. AT&T is stating that it can be done without returning the phone to Apple. I would carry the phone (don't unbox) to AT&T and explain that you made a mistake and want the NEXT plan. Good luck.